The Last Minute Reviews

• Mar 22, 2010

"Deffinetly puts style over substance, but the substance is there. This is by far the best Stephen Norrington film i've seen, so i hope all that shit he was saying about "never making another movie" after LXG is just that...shit. Coz i could definetly see some more of this type of directing. Great cast, great editing, great fx (that cancer guy!!) and an Amazing soundtrack. My only gripe is the pacing mid second act....and that now i cant stop thinking about the time!

• Aug 16, 2009

A fascinating little oddity about fleeting fame and art. Runs a wee bit too long, and occasionally runs a little too thick with allegory and bizarre imagery, but I just have to admire its intentions and inventiveness. And Jason Isaacs is a blast to watch.

• Apr 04, 2009

un film original et prenant

un film original et prenant

• Dec 14, 2008

Although well played by the actors I didn't find the story that interesting. To make it worse, the narrative is invariably interrupted by the main character making comments in hindsight about the events that just aren't that insightful.

• Sep 10, 2008

Yet another unsung Jason Isaacs performance. You'll either love or hate The Last Minute. It kind of gives you a headache due to all the quick camera movements and techno music throughout the film. It's about an up and coming superstar that falls into the temptations of the night life in London. It's very powerful and disturbing to see little kids shooting up, smoking powder and killing each other. I knew I would love or hate this movie by the ending, which delivered a very powerful, yet sad package.

• El Hombre I Super Reviewer
    Sep 03, 2008

THE LAST MINUTE is a bizarre, almost surreal film and a highly stylized look at the crazy nature of fame and the consequences when one falls from the public's grace. All in all, delivers on style, but comes up short on substance.

• Aug 04, 2008

I liked the way this was filmed, in the kind of crazy speed style.

I liked the way this was filmed, in the kind of crazy speed style.

• May 25, 2008

I went from thinking "ugh, another over visualized techno fused early millennium british film?" in the beginning, actually starting to enjoy it after the first half hour, feeling an actual movie being sculpted by 3/4th of the way, then back to being disappointed at the end. That being said, I cannot say this film is bad nor good. I can say equal amounts for both sides. It's an overly personal film for director Norrington, but is too afraid to let itself be original. I honestly think the film takes place inside Norrington's mind. It is constantly critiquing itself, sometimes harshly, and even has the self-awareness to have a character leave a scene saying "I'm not having a nice time... this isn't my idea of nice. Annie Hall is nice. This is shit." People have said that this is Norrington's reaction/commentary on his experience with BLADE. Good for him. I just wish he would've stuck with the aspects of the film that were working instead of getting scared and retreating backwards right as it was getting interesting.

• Apr 30, 2008

Most likely, you have never heard of this movie, which is a shame. If you don't dig the shocking transformation the main character goes through, watch it for Jason Isaacs' crazy performance.

• Apr 28, 2008

A flawed but very energetic effort chronicling the semi-autobiographical events of writer/director Stephen Norrington's rise and immediate fall in the entertainment business. It may be a little off-putting due to the constantly changing plot/narrative/genre but I personally think it's very fitting considering the personal nature of the film