The Last Mountain - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Mountain Reviews

July 30, 2012
Alarming and infuriating! A must see for anyone who uses electricity. This is the price of convenience.
July 23, 2012
...nearly 16 pounds of coal are burned each day for every man, woman, and child in the US...
½ April 4, 2012
An extremely important film. Though slow at times, it offers many different opinions and a lot of striking imagery.
January 15, 2012
Eye-opening documentary about the coal industry's practice of mountaintop removal that pollutes the environment and eliminates many jobs. This threatens the entire Appalachian Mountain range! The "clean" energy electric ads have a new meaning for me now. I am angry about how these large corporations can get away with ignoring environmental laws and have total disregard for innocent landowners who are impacted.
January 7, 2012
It tears my heart to see the place where my ancestors thrived being destroyed.
½ January 2, 2012
You can't help but feel you're witnessing an American tragedy.
½ December 2, 2011
I really enjoyed this documentary. Its very thorough and presents a lot of different reasons why the mining makes no sense. Best of all it offers good alternatives at the end. If you had any doubt that the entire American political system is bought and sold this movie is good evidence of how corrupt and owned every politician is. Some day some student is going to be in history class and put up his or her hand and say 'wait a minute teacher... what do you mean they poisoned themselves, destroyed the planet, refused to try and develop better technologies, and allowed a handful of people to become billionaires in the process???
November 21, 2011
Wow. Once again, one of these post 'Inconvenient Truth' documentaries illustrates how frigged things on this planet are. And although we can make some change starting today, some of this damage, nay, a lot of the damage done is utterly irreversible. Although there are some real all-stars in their communities, this doc doesn't really do anything really well. Educational none the less.
November 19, 2011
Very strong arguments. Quintessential example of "democracy" in a capitalist society.
½ November 6, 2011
What an eye opener!!
½ November 6, 2011
Yet another example of corporations raping the environment and buying the best conditions to continue to do so in the future. Keep voting for corporate lapdogs people, and this is what you have to look forward to for your children and grandchildren... "Tumors for everyone! Just don't take away anyone's job!"
½ October 10, 2011
Very informative but also kind of depressing.
½ August 27, 2011
"Clean coal"?...Even if you know about the saga of this West Virginia mountain, this documentary will further enlighten you about strip coal mining...the disease and pollution this industry creates, and the devastation it is wrecking on some of our poorest Appalachian communities. If you care about our environment and the future impact of this industry on all our society, this flick is a must see.
July 31, 2011
great movie on mountain top removal. nice segment on wind power.
½ July 26, 2011
I was totally unaware of this and quite horrified to learn about it. I heard a panel discussion after this, and I found it interesting that they said the human element is what will make people take action when this movie focused more on statistics and shots of the scarred landscape. I actually think more focus on the people affected would have improved this movie.
July 16, 2011
Absolutely a must see
366weirdmovies
½ July 14, 2011
Documentary on the environmental effects of mountaintop removal coal mining in Coal Mountain, West Virgina. The mountaintop removal process has little to recommend it, but unfortunately so does this suprisingly dull and disorganized polemic.
½ July 9, 2011
I hope Governor Brasheat sees this American Tradjedy and changes his stance on coal.