The Last Rescue Reviews

• Dec 22, 2019

I am so sick of "war" movies turning out to be about 8 people in uniform stuck in a farmhouse or in the woods. It's like a failed magic trick where you are supposed to see an entire battlefield through the slight of hand of clever dialogue and random battle sounds, and all you see are the wires holding up the levitating woman. The characters are cliche, the dialogue is overused drivel, the scenes are played out nonsense, and the story arcs are laughable.

• Dec 21, 2018

Gawd awful....really.

Gawd awful....really.

• Jan 31, 2018

It is so bad it is funny,

It is so bad it is funny,

• Jun 07, 2016

I have seen most war films made and interestingly I have seen every one of these scenes, heard the dialogue before and know the story line. The 5 min opening montage nearly made me give up but I had hopes. I do not understand what happened they seem to have had a good deal of money and cast, but they just didn't do anything interesting with any of it. Cody Kash and Tino Struckmann were by far the most interesting actors in this film, had they written it with some action and let their best actors square off or team up it could have been something.

• Jun 07, 2016

well it is an ok movie but it does run pretty slow, and there are a few really silly bits in there, like the stereotypical gigantic bodybuilder evil bald Nazi and the stereotypical evil Nazi who apparently can't speak either English or German very strange? But agreeing with others Tino Struckmann did a great supporting role, very solid only with they had followed up on some of the obvious subplots that could have been, and perhaps it would have a more solid film had Struckmann lead the film. The females were completely unengaged, and some of the others who before had done solid seemed flat. Perhaps it is the story, nothing original or new, sad a missed opportunity I feel.

• Jun 06, 2016

It is sad it really seems they had what they needed to make it good, but waaay to much talk and waaaay to predictable we have seen and heard every scene before. A shame the cast was pretty good and I will agree with Weller the German Officer played by Tino Struckmann did a great job, I saw him in other war films before. It would have been a better movie if they had made him the lead villain, at least he can carry a movie. The guy they got couldn't sell water in Africa. It was ok made but definitely left me wanting a lot more. The film feels like it was written by somebody who just patched scenes from other war film together, with no understanding of what war fans want to see. And what the hell with the 5 min opening montage I nearly walked away on that alone?!

• Jun 01, 2016

It was a ok movie, it was well produced and edited fine. The biggest problem this film had was that it seems to be a rehash of every war film ever made, the same scenes, dialogue, story line we have seen before. Nothing original at all and that seems sad because there seems to be potential for what could have been a great movie. The one highlight of the film was the supporting lead Tino Struckmann he is a very gifted actor, really good performance. exciting to watch and clearly the most talented actor in the movie. Just sad the movies story did not match a great performance, just as it is a shame he did not have a bigger part, as there were story plots sadly left not pursued by the director. The worst thing was the lead bad guy continuously ranting on in a made up language, not German nor English, that was just a very bad piece of acting and writing if it was written? It could have been much better and missing a lot of action very dull slow going.

• Apr 24, 2016

Good movie, horrible ending

Good movie, horrible ending

• Mar 03, 2016

When this movie started it had looked like playing Call of duty coz of the moving camera n lack of conversation but the movie got better n better n it was a good subtle war movie....The ending proved a bit skeptical but all in all the acting was pretty much convincing tho the ladies looked like they were leaving beauty parlors rather than leaving a war camp , the make up team ddnt suit the occasion well .. i wld watch this over the oscar winner HURT LOCKER... i will give it a mean 4.5 rating

• Feb 23, 2016

Has some redeeming moments, however to often while watching this movie I found it impossible to believe. It wasn't terrible.......... but.....