The Last Ride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Ride Reviews

½ May 1, 2015
Meh. It was decent, but I thought going into this I would be getting the Hank Williams story, but instead I get a cliche, slightly fictionalized account of his last couple days on the road. disappointing.
February 12, 2015
good old country movie y''all
July 13, 2014
While the filming was quite "fake," the story was interesting enough to save this.
December 6, 2013
Not a good way to who Hank Williams was.
½ October 14, 2013
I am a fan of HankWilliams. I love his songs. This movie was interesting but lacked the basics. No songs sung by Hank himself not even on the radio as they drive, he shares nothing of his personal life except that his mother ran a Bordello and no one recognizes him except the Bar owner in the ed. Surely the judge saw his real name on the car papers??? Could someone please make a good biographic picure on Hank that features the actor doing his songs?
October 9, 2013
wow! it surprises me to find out that this movie was in theaters. after watching it last night it has more of the look of a made for tv movie. overrall decent enough movie and was happy tp see henry thomas again. he is a good actor and it is a shame that he doesnt get many parts as an adult actor... alas that is the way hollywood goes they like you when you are the fresh young actor or actress on the block and then when that same young actor or actress grows up they arent wanted or wanted as much anymore. he was so adorable as elliot in e.t. and unlike the critics and audiences that have forgotten about him over the years i have always liked him and his indie movies :) anyway back to the last ride it is not on par with biopic's such as labamba or walk the line but still worth watching :)
September 22, 2013
I'm a fan of roadtrip movies and this ones ok....Thomas does a solid job in this somewhat cumbersome scripted #true story.
½ September 12, 2013
"The Last Ride" 10 Scale Rating: 5.0 (Mediocre) ...

The Good: Henry Thomas carries the film and makes it remotely interesting with his portrayal of Hank Williams.

The Bad: Extremely slow and drawn out. Hank Williams was an interesting guy, but the final car ride of his life alone isn't interesting enough for a film.
½ September 12, 2013
"The Last Ride" 10 Scale Rating: 5.0 (Mediocre) ...

½ September 2, 2013
This was a long drawn out road trip story with a bittersweet ending that was perfect. Thomas and James were great in their roles, but it is a sad story.
½ September 1, 2013
The last ride is a ok drama about the last car ride that Hank williams Sr. had before he dead. low budget, slow moving movie. c
August 11, 2013
Was surprising wow good.
½ August 4, 2013
Real slow ! I kept waiting for it to pick up but it never did. Acting was ok.
August 1, 2013
Henry Thomas who you might better remember as Elliot from E.T. and Samuel from Legends of the Fall delivers an outstanding performance as Hank Williams. Perfect casting for that part. The low-budget of this film was very evident unfortunately, as the driving scenes looked similar to Saturday Night Live's Taxicab Confessions skit from the mid 90s,and the sound mixing is cringe-worthy with how bad it is, as was the music. Not enough money to pay for the Hank Williams songs, instead there are covers of those songs. This film is not a showcase of historical accuracy that's for sure, but it is a showcase of acting and Henry Thomas did an outstanding job. He made me believe that he was Hank Williams without ever singing, and the duo of he and actor Jesse James (Not West Coast Choppers) played off each other very well, and very naturally, and made for a very enjoyable, relaxed, and interesting movie drama. The little side story with Kaley Cuoco from 'Big Bang Theory' fame was completely unecessary however, and did nothing to help the film. In fact, quite the opposite. I wonder how much of the budget went to paying her?
½ July 27, 2013
E.T. would have been a more believable Hank Williams than Henry Thomas. I really wanted to get in to this movie, but it was a dumbed down version that felt like a Lifetime movie. It felt more like a high school play , it did not do Hank Williams justice. Or anyone that wanted to learn about him.
July 24, 2013
he died with his only friend... good movie!
½ July 18, 2013
Not sure how historically accurate this was. Definitely needed some work on acting too.
bbcfloridabound
½ July 11, 2013
Not exactly how I envisioned Hank to be but I certainly did not know him. This movie needed Hank Williams music in it to make it complete - and you know he crashed many of bars and took over the stage, he loved to show off, he loved the limelight, he had to be seen and recognised, it it would have been great to have heard Hank tell his story to the young driver, to see flashbacks that lead up to where they were at that point - because to be honest parts of this movie were kind of flat, a little back story would have been a real attention grabber... where was that in this movie? I would give it an 4 1/2- only because I think Hank have more charm & character than they had the actor express. I know this was just his 'last ride' but Hank had a real temper he also was smooth as silk with the ladies and he was one rowdy guy always looking for a fight - I just think maybe they could have let Jessie James add a lil more oomph into this character... this is definitely worth the watch. Kaley Cuoco was awesome in the movie, even though she had a small part. 4 1/2 stars 7-1013
July 11, 2013
'You look like you have never been honky tonkin' before.'
July 10, 2013
A poor mans driving miss daisy.