The Last Seduction (1994) - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Seduction (1994)

TOMATOMETER

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

The Last Seduction Videos

The Last Seduction Photos

Movie Info

Bridget Gregory seems to have it all: beauty, intelligence and a marriage to Clay, a wealthy physician. But everything isn't enough for Bridget, who persuades her husband to make dirty deals on prescription drugs and then runs with the profit. Now incognito in a mid-American small town, Bridget draws a naive local, Mike Swale, into a smolderingaffair. Passion, greed and revenge forge a desperate triangle between the three as Bridget draws her unknowing victims deeper intoher web of deadly deceit.
Rating:

Michelle Davison
as 911 Operator
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for The Last Seduction

All Critics (49) | Top Critics (13)

The movie is a spirited attempt at modern film noir, and huge parts of it are enjoyable.

Washington Post
Top Critic

What Sharon Stone did for the ice pick, Linda Fiorentino does for the ice princess.

Washington Post
Top Critic

It's an entertaining and caustically humorous thriller if you like that sort of thing.

Chicago Reader
Top Critic

[A] well-paced, cleverly written and quite diabolical thriller.

Variety
Top Critic

[A] tortuous, well-acted, witty, crisply photographed and immensely enjoyable thriller.

Full Review… | June 24, 2006
Time Out
Top Critic

Mr. Dahl was good to begin with, and now he's badder and better.

May 20, 2003
New York Times

Audience Reviews for The Last Seduction

½

An efficient film noir with a clever plot and an extremely diabolical femme fatale played by a very inspired Linda Fiorentino. Also deserving praise is Bill Pullman, who is surprisingly funny as the furious husband trying to catch her in this witty cat-and-mouse game.

Carlos Magalhães
Carlos Magalhães

Quite chilling and zingy, but I'm slightly conflicted about Bridget's feminist rhetoric. I found myself liking her because she takes what she wants at whatever cost, but then I realized I was glorifying a sociopath. Is it feminist or unfeminist to like a woman because she's evil and damn good at it? Can we, as a gender-conscious society, like a "strong" female character only if she's also villainized? Sidebar: Doesn't Linda Fiorentino look like Lauren Bacall in that movie poster? I don't know if that's an implied reference to film noir, and as such, why every other review calls this film a neo-noir. I personally didn't see much film noir elements. It seems more screwball black black black comedy.

Alice Shen
Alice Shen

Wonderful performance from Fiorentino.

Tim Salmons
Tim Salmons

The Last Seduction Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss The Last Seduction on our Movie forum!

News & Features