The Last September Reviews

• May 18, 2012

Don't be fooled by the great cast listed. Watching grass grow is more exciting than this film. Seriously.

• Jan 09, 2012

The storyline had it's moments that it shined, but was still a rather slow and detached film in general. The big stand out with this movie was actually the cinematography and the landscape which were both gorgeous! The characters and acting were just ho-hum. In fact, I think the film would have benefited from the leads being recast. Just a sub-par film when you take in all of its elements. I wouldn't really recommend this one.

• Nov 18, 2011

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img] A good-looking film that has a good cast. A bit slow at times, but I was interested throughout.

• Nov 08, 2011

Film about a family caught up in the Anglo Irish war. A little slow & sad.

Film about a family caught up in the Anglo Irish war. A little slow & sad.

• Jul 29, 2011

Beautifully crafted. A couple of the actors fell a bit flat, but the rest made this film worthwhile.

• May 28, 2011

Gambon and Smith are excellent. The rest are substandard. Roxborough's accent is hillarious. Boring.

• Jun 30, 2010

I wanted desperately to like it, but the beginning was confusing trying to figure out who everyone was. Dear David Tennant's character was an absolute doll but you end up crying for him in the end. the ending was abrupt and offered no closure whatsoever and I honestly just wanted to slap Keeley Hawes character.

• Sunil J Super Reviewer
    Apr 04, 2010

Just moody and a bit messy. It could have been interesting and some of the actors made it worth checking out but it was pretty badly executed.

• Oct 08, 2009

I found the characters a bit hard to follow at first, but otherwise this is a good, solid period piece.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Aug 17, 2009

Such a good cast, such a dull movie!!

Such a good cast, such a dull movie!!