The Last Starfighter Reviews

• Jan 31, 2021

This is a very entertaining movie. Great story and a fun adventure. This movie screams a remake since it is still relevant today. The effects are a little dated but beyond that it is a great rags to riches story.

• Jan 16, 2021

This very entertaining bit of 80s nostalgia is worth the watch just for the music, and the Music Man in space. The special effects might be dated, but it's such a fantastic movie. If you missed it back in the day, go back now. It's worth it.

• Dec 22, 2020

Too much fun for one movie, with its spirit, tone, effects, action, and heart transcending any egotistical notions of being "dated". Safan's timeless score it one for the ages.

• Nov 15, 2020

Lance Guest plays Alex Rogan, trailer park resident and arcade game aficionado.  Once he hits high score, he is recruited by Centauri to help with a fight in space.  Soaked in 80's looks and atmosphere, this one is always more fun to revisit than I remember liking it as a kid.

• Sep 26, 2020

This was my READY PLAYER ONE / ENDER'S GAME of the 1980s. As a kid, one would always dream about being able to use video game skills to save the planet. For the first time in 1984, somebody took this concept and made it into a reality. A delightful sci-fi revisit that's theme song characters brought back many nostalgic memories for myself.

• Aug 10, 2020

Enjoyable retro sci fi

Enjoyable retro sci fi

• Jun 21, 2020

The Last Starfighter is an interesting movie made by Nick Castle aka Michael Myers. I like the special effects, the characters, the story and the cast. It may be a ripoff of both Star Wars and Star Trek but at least Nick Castle has made his film into a original science fiction movie. I do have some issues with the effects because it didn't age well. Nevertheless, I give the visuals a pass because it was made at the time. Overall, The Last Starfighter is a unique science fiction movie to see.

• Sep 25, 2019

Love me some 80s sci-fi. Classic a must watch if you like space and 80s style films. Remake?

• Sep 24, 2019

I liked it. my favorite.

I liked it. my favorite.

• kevin
    Jul 19, 2019

Movie was fantastic. Great flashback to my younger years!

Movie was fantastic. Great flashback to my younger years!