The Last Time I Committed Suicide - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Time I Committed Suicide Reviews

October 13, 2014
Didn't know that Neal was a real life character til the film ended. Film started fine, nice nostalgic setting and music.. but his 20-year old indecision annoyed me, especially the Christmas night when he left Joan hanging because he couldn't say No to Harry and beer. Tragic and unnecessary; to put a friend above one's lover.
½ December 31, 2013
Keanu reeves is a hero!
½ January 30, 2013
I loved this movie and the soundtrack that accompanied. I used to be into the Beat Generation a lot and found this movie to be great (even got a chance to speak with Carolyn Cassady about this film). I thought it captured the time quite well. Neal was a huge influence on all the big names in the Beat Generation, so to see a film dedicated to a story in his life was refreshing.
½ August 30, 2012
I'm a huge Kerouac fan and I have the First Third by Neal Cassidy so when I got the chance to watch this film, i took it. Although Keenu Reeves was unbearable to watch, all together, it was a rather good film. Thomas Jane as Cassidy was spot on. I couldn't have picked it better myself
November 24, 2011
i saw this film with great anticipation (the whole beat generation thing is intriguing), but was let down by shotty direction, inexperienced actors, and a script full of holes. kerouac and Cassidy are rolling over in their graves.

--on the plus side: Keanu Reeves looks hot in it, despite playing a sweaty drunk.
November 24, 2010
I am a big fan of keanu reeves, and i dont know this movie..wtf o.O
April 2, 2010
O...M...G... Painfully higgledy-piggledy, & tedious.
February 1, 2010
i'd see any movie w/keanu reeves in it ;)
½ January 2, 2010
excellent music, the best I can say and riveting in places, but boring in many parts.
½ July 21, 2009
Horrid disappointment. The movie couldn't be more tiring and slow and lacking point, while only Adrien Brody gave a decent performance. Definitely a movie that does absolutely no justice to the captivating geniuses answering to the names Jack Kerouac and Neal Cassady. Bad-tasted and seemingly endless -unfortunately.
½ May 31, 2009
This is pretty bad..sorry to say.
½ March 4, 2009
Ok. That's about it.
½ February 7, 2009
True to life story of Neal Cassidy who was a big part of Beat Generation buddies with road poet Jack Kerouac. I really liked this film found it endearing it feels like the director+writer really put a lot of love into its creation, but I can see how some might find it flawed. Thamas Jane is such a undiscovered well of acting ability. I'm not sure if I've disliked any film he's been in(yes even punisher). The music of the time was sooo important to the beat generation thus it makes sense that this film has great tune after great tune both blues jazz and rock precides within. Thou most ppl complain about Keanu's stilted acting I think he was ok in this small part as a loser buddy to Neal who ironically brings neal down sorta like many ppl think Keanu brings so many films down. In the end this is just a good story of life and love of a man and how difficult life can be.
February 2, 2009

u wont drop dead asfter this one
½ January 29, 2009
three words......WHAT THE FUCK?!
November 4, 2008
Life is what happens when you're busy making plans
October 7, 2008
Film tahun 1996. Cerita berlatar belakang era kelompok penulis "The Beat Generations" di Amerika Serikat; Jack Kerouac dan Neal Cassady. Cerita terbata-bata, namun suasana bermusik latarnya diisi oleh karya jazz para legenda jazz dunia; Miles, Coltrane, Monk, dll.
September 29, 2008
Confusing, but very stylized. Has alot of hidden messages
puffchunk
September 15, 2008
Let's make a movie about some jerk off guy who knew jack Kerouac, put in lots of 'film school' style shots and a few big names, and no one will notice that it sucks BIG TIME.
½ September 7, 2008
painfully confused style and sub par story telling about a person who deserved more, because I think we all do. Felt like a really uncomfortable made-for-Tv flick.