The Last Time I Committed Suicide Reviews

• Oct 13, 2014

Didn't know that Neal was a real life character til the film ended. Film started fine, nice nostalgic setting and music.. but his 20-year old indecision annoyed me, especially the Christmas night when he left Joan hanging because he couldn't say No to Harry and beer. Tragic and unnecessary; to put a friend above one's lover.

• Dec 31, 2013

Keanu reeves is a hero!

Keanu reeves is a hero!

• Jan 30, 2013

I loved this movie and the soundtrack that accompanied. I used to be into the Beat Generation a lot and found this movie to be great (even got a chance to speak with Carolyn Cassady about this film). I thought it captured the time quite well. Neal was a huge influence on all the big names in the Beat Generation, so to see a film dedicated to a story in his life was refreshing.

• Aug 30, 2012

I'm a huge Kerouac fan and I have the First Third by Neal Cassidy so when I got the chance to watch this film, i took it. Although Keenu Reeves was unbearable to watch, all together, it was a rather good film. Thomas Jane as Cassidy was spot on. I couldn't have picked it better myself

• Nov 24, 2011

i saw this film with great anticipation (the whole beat generation thing is intriguing), but was let down by shotty direction, inexperienced actors, and a script full of holes. kerouac and Cassidy are rolling over in their graves. --on the plus side: Keanu Reeves looks hot in it, despite playing a sweaty drunk.

• Jan 02, 2010

excellent music, the best I can say and riveting in places, but boring in many parts.

• May 31, 2009

This is pretty bad..sorry to say.

This is pretty bad..sorry to say.

• Mar 04, 2009

Ok. That's about it.

Ok. That's about it.

• Feb 07, 2009

True to life story of Neal Cassidy who was a big part of Beat Generation buddies with road poet Jack Kerouac. I really liked this film found it endearing it feels like the director+writer really put a lot of love into its creation, but I can see how some might find it flawed. Thamas Jane is such a undiscovered well of acting ability. I'm not sure if I've disliked any film he's been in(yes even punisher). The music of the time was sooo important to the beat generation thus it makes sense that this film has great tune after great tune both blues jazz and rock precides within. Thou most ppl complain about Keanu's stilted acting I think he was ok in this small part as a loser buddy to Neal who ironically brings neal down sorta like many ppl think Keanu brings so many films down. In the end this is just a good story of life and love of a man and how difficult life can be.

• Feb 02, 2009