The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter Reviews

• Mar 18, 2019

The legacy of a whitetail deer hunter. Buen humor negro basado en un caso real que muestra la sub cultura de los cazadores y la pasión por el uso de las armas en USA. Buena.

• Jan 25, 2019

Honestly a flawed disappointment when pathetic egoism made a characteristic appearance through Brolin's succumbed performance with failed charisma to overcome the ridiculousness then forgotten the important value of bonding that lacks the expected resonance, except for the sporadic cultural clash humor. (C+)

• Dec 02, 2018

If you thinking to not watch this off reviews alone that would be a mistake. I'm not sure if it's meant to be funny or not but it has funny moments but I definitely enjoyed the endearing qualities it possessed with timely music. I'm not saying it's must see but this definitely isn't one to keep passing by. Take it from a guy who's been having it on my Netflix watchlist for well over six months now or so.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Oct 10, 2018

Josh Brolin is coming off one of his biggest years on film and this film has to be the biggest letdown. The McBride and Hill team have been quite successful but this one doesn't hit the highs like it should. McBride offers the comedic moments but the film is too straight to really work. I can understand why this film has a low average and it is a shame this film did not work. The central issue I had was that the film had no true identity, it attempts to capture a core story but wastes much of that time not achieving a lot. The filmmakers clearly had intent but it doesn't translate to the screen, Brolin's character is underwritten and he attempts to inject some method style performance. An interesting film but not a classic and another Netflix film that garners mixed results. 11/10/2018.

• Sep 02, 2018

Farcical, silly, everything but the wink to camera, but I loved it. Several laugh out loud moments especially due to the hilarious talent of Danny McBride. A lot of people criticize it for not being better, they're missing the point. It's not supposed to be good. The jokes on them for taking it too seriously. Just roll with it and enjoy for what it is.

• Aug 24, 2018

Netflix. Keep it up...

Netflix. Keep it up...

• Aug 10, 2018

The only explanation for how poorly this movie illustrates the sport of hunting and it's industry is that it was written, directed, produced and acted out by non-hunters. The writer probably had his buddy take him hunting once and then watched a hunting show like Drury Outdoors(as Hollywood as they come) then made a movie about it and added some family drama in there like a divorce. After all, how could someone who hunts so much have a happy home life? #sarcasm The movie did had a couple of good parts, but not many at all. Certainly not enough to watch the whole movie and wait for them. I guess the overall message of the movie is a good one. This movie could've been a whole lot better had they made it either a drama or a comedy, not both. "Escanaba in da moonlight" was able to do it, this one could not! Maybe they were trying to make their own modern day Escanaba.? I found myself getting a little pissed off actually at how hunters were being portrayed. I'm not one to be offended, but when we as hunters already have a hard enough time trying to be taken seriously, this doesn't help.

• Aug 08, 2018

Perhaps having grown up in deer hunting country and being exposed to the lifestyle, and the peculiar Sunday afternoon television fodder relating to that lifestyle, gave me an added appreciation for this film's myriad, subdued charms. But I have to say, I simply can't understand the cascade of negativity that has been hurled this film's way. I found it funny (occasionally uproariously so), moving, and topical, hitting just the right conciliatory cultural notes for this moment in American history. Brolin is masterful in his portrayal, and as always, Danny McBride is a joy to watch as he plays yet another manifestation of himself. On that note, I see some people describing McBride's character as "hapless", when this couldn't be further from the truth. This is a man who knows what he's doing, whether it's setting up a hunting blind or setting up a cinematically meaningful shot. It ended a little abruptly, losing it half a star in my estimation, but aside from that, this was a near perfect movie for me, and I suspect a lot of people are going to skip it because of bad reviews. It would be a real shame if they do.

• Aug 03, 2018

It was Terrific, wasn't expecting much, was pleasantly surprised.

It was Terrific, wasn't expecting much, was pleasantly surprised.

• Jul 28, 2018

Esto no va a gustarles a los conservadores americanos. Es la tipica comedia de humor grueso que se pone mejor en sus ùltimos minutos.