The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Reviews

• 13h ago

Although the humor and creativity, verbal and visual alike, working as distinct elements on their own hold their own, slammed together without much of an underlying idea they don't build up to very much, just a vague shape of a better predecessor.

• 1d ago

Like demolishing a Lego tower, the movie started at the top and went down from there.

• 2d ago

Maybe my expectations were too high, hell I even loved The LEGO Ninjago Movie, the one in this franchise most people seem to agree is pretty mediocre. But this one just didn't do it for me as much. Is LEGO Movie 2 bad? No, not by a long shot. I still give a positive ranking, but only marginally, and I'm a bit harsher on it than usual just because of the precedent this franchise has set and just how far the ball has been dropped here. If this was where the franchise had started, I'd say it was better than expected for LEGO, but still not great if I'm being totally honest. It falls into a lot of that sequel fatigue of the same, but not as good. They explore different worlds, but only a couple, and they aren't as crazy or interesting as the first one. There's more about the connection between the Lego world and the human world, but after the mindf*** ending of the first this time it just doesn't feel as organic. Yeah there's a nice bit about sibling relationships, but overall the human element just comes out a little weird this time around and raises some bizarre questions. The biggest downer though is the comedy, in that it's just not as funny. The first Lego movie was outright hilarious. This one, at best, is chuckle-worthy. There were 2 or 3 decent laughs, but for the most part it just got small smiles out of me. Having said that, it's still charming and the animation is still absolutely gorgeous. The characters are all likeable, new and old, and kids will definitely love it. It's a shame that it's such a massive step down from the first one, but with the bar set so high even a step down is still a decent movie.

• Michael M Super Reviewer
    2d ago

• 2d ago

A giant step back from the original film.

A giant step back from the original film.

Alec B Super Reviewer
    3d ago

Not unfunny, but its mostly forgettable.

Not unfunny, but its mostly forgettable.

• 3d ago

What an awesome sequel!

What an awesome sequel!

• 3d ago

My son loved it, I fell asleep....

My son loved it, I fell asleep....

• 4d ago

Loved the first movie, really enjoyed this second one as well. Love the creativity of the writers and producers!

• 4d ago

Not as good as the first one, drags a bit, but still pretty funny and entertaining enough.