The Light of the Moon Reviews

• Feb 23, 2018

Great story, brought down only by supporting cast.

Great story, brought down only by supporting cast.

• Jan 08, 2018

waste of time, she did good though by going to the police

waste of time, she did good though by going to the police

• Dec 15, 2017

Powerful performances.

Powerful performances.

• Dec 11, 2017

While rape is a hard subject, this movie does an outstanding job from so many sides, from the person to the relationship, friends, family & society. With no sitcom type solution it presents it all in multilayered challenges in a realistic framework. Great Job to all involved.

• Dec 02, 2017

Amazing movie! Love the cinematography! A++++

Amazing movie! Love the cinematography! A++++

• Nov 11, 2017

Eh. I saw this when the other movie I wanted to see at IFC was sold out. It was ok. Some good acting but overall pretty heavy handed and affected. Maybe different if I knew what it was about before going in. Don't know if we needed another "I'm a victim" movie.

• Nov 07, 2017

Great narrative feature debut! Really well done and informative while not being too heavy handed.

• Nov 07, 2017

This film tackles a really painful subject with authenticity and ingenuity. The performances and script are so real and human. The Light of the Moon is not afraid to explore the complexity and unexpected emotional responses one can have in dealing with trauma. A beautiful film.

• Nov 07, 2017

Very well made. Explores important issues that every victim of sexual assault and those who care for them encounter. The story is engaging and enlightening. Fantastic debut for director/writer/producer/editor Jessica Thompson.

powerful but extremely good and rewarding