The Lion King Reviews

• 7h ago

Emotions, flat. Many scenes elongated for no visible purpose. Too many cut-aways in name of naturality. Personally left the movie theater. To all people responsible for this unholy demonstration of 21th century's capitalistic power. I don't care about what you can do with your atomic graphical software and don't care about how many people will you f*ck over with your unemotional hyperrealistic sh*t, just don't do it in expense of artifacts such as the lion king.

• 11h ago

Absolutely unnecessary. In no way better than the original one. Songs are worse Voice actors are worse Jokes are somehow made worse Visually its worse because it just does not work. They try to make it too real and that makes it so animals cannot express as much feelings as in the original, which detracts from a lot of scenes. Only reason I raised it from half a star to 1 star is Timon and Pumba. They shined in this movie...Although about as much as in the original one.

• 12h ago

Some fun voice acting doesn't make up for the fact that the live-action renditions of animals have the emotional range of a bag of corn chips. This rendition adds nothing but a big chunk of revenue to Disney's balance sheet, which means we can expect more soulless remakes for the next several years.

• 20h ago

The acting voices were horrible as bad as the singing!! I loved the original Lion King❤️❤️ If Disney can't find the right people for the roles, then don't make the movie!! The only one that can sing is, the voice of Timon.

• 1d ago

Am I the only one who's confused as to why there's music from the 1994 classic "The Lion King" over this tech demo??? On a more serious note, this film is putrid. It could've been on mute the entire time and I wouldn't have known that the characters were supposed to be talking. What's even more surprising is that Jon Favreau, a filmmaker whom I have a high amount of respect of, was responsible for this mess. Although it's most likely not Favreau's fault at all; but instead the corporate monsters at Disney's filmmaking headquarters. It's a shame that this film performed so well financially, that just means more of this soulless litter.

• 1d ago

Loved the realistic animation works, the animals and the landscapes are a sight to see. At the same time, the ultra-realism lacks the emotional spectrum when it comes to the faces of the characters, making the storytelling missing the heart the original had. Also, sticking to the original story, without any surprises in hand makes for a lackluster watch. This movie is a soulless technical success.

• 2d ago

I thought that the new lion king did an ok job of recreating the old one, but I liked the scenery and the animation throughout the movie. One thing they could have done better on was Timon and Pumbaa, I think they were much better in the first one.

• 3d ago

Beyonce ruins all songs she sings stunning graphics bit ruined buy bad voice acting and singing that is not that good James earl Jones is the only thatis letting give as high as a star as I did

• 3d ago

Soulless going-through-the-motions retelling that adds nothing new but a greater appreciation for the original. In fact, your local church full of nobodies could do their impression of the 1994 version, and it would be more entertaining and engaging than this lackluster parody of the same. The animation is impressive, though.

• 4d ago

A needless remake that misses the mark. The pace of the movie is fast and it speeds through the most beloved parts of the original. Though the visuals are high definition, they are actually creepy and off putting. There are no playful expressions to bring emotional accent to the scenes so everything is very stiff. The songs are reworded and the singers aren't good. The characters just aren't as engaging as the original and overall the film was lifeless. Why Disney decided to remake this movie, I have no clue. They may have made a couple bucks off of it, but for us Lion King lovers, it was just a big swing and a miss. Don't waste your time watching this garbage.