The Lion King Reviews

• 3d ago

Maybe the worst movie of 2019 I never felt emotion in this crash grab cgi was way off Aladdin is better with acting

• 6d ago

Incredible. It was like coming back kids.

Incredible. It was like coming back kids.

• May 28, 2021

souless, pointless, only a sad feling at the end

souless, pointless, only a sad feling at the end

• May 27, 2021

Disney gives us a beautifully animated remake of their already perfected original 'The Lion King'. The animation just revamps the original even more on its own, but the incredible and diverse cast take the extra step that is needed. The soundtrack is nostalgic and brings back all of the excitement of the original. Even though it is an exact copy of the original, it is so beautiful and the behind the scenes changes were enough to make the film still enjoyable.

• May 22, 2021

the imagery is beautiful but it's the same story with the animated one. Should this have been remade? or not? maybe not.

• May 14, 2021

The first half is quite good. Young Simba is actually watchable and Scar is menacing. But adult Simba and Nala are way to bland and I didn't feel they liked each other and the voice overs aren't the best. Also I feel more could've happened and other elements to the story should've been added. But the first half is at its best.

• May 09, 2021

Horrible acting. Boring

Horrible acting. Boring

• May 05, 2021

6.75/10. This adaptation of the cartoon classic is a nearly beat-for-beat, shot-for-shot retread of it's forbearer. It feels less like a remake or re-imagining than a remaster - viewers who want a new spin on a classic will be disappointed to find they are paying to see a movie they've already seen (albeit with a new coat of paint). While it's a shame that director/producer Jon Favreau added nothing new to this tale (despite proving his capabilities with 2016's vivid and fresh 'The Jungle Book') it manages to retain the soul of the original and is sufficiently entertaining. Excellent voice and vocal performances couple with stunningly life-like depictions of wild Africa and it's animal inhabitants to satisfy fans hoping to relive an old favorite, while offering new viewers an experience approximate to what the rest of us experienced in 1994, albeit with less facially emotive animals.

• May 05, 2021

I already love the 1994 Lion King movie, and of course I LOVED it Live Action too! Awesome animation, great reemakes of songs that are chilling, new scenes that I didn't have in the first movie, awesome, I just love The Lion King, both the old and the new! 🦁😍🥰😍🦁

• Apr 30, 2021

Please don't watch this. It is literally the same experience as the 1994 movie. It is ultimately inferior in every way. Yeah the cgi is insanely impressive, but along the way they lost all of the expression that the original had. Everything else is as a direct of an adaptation you can. You like the genius story telling of the original, it's here. You like the well developed themes of the original, it's here. You like the vibrant and beautiful songs of the original, they're here, but with inferior visuals. What a cash grab.