The Lion King Reviews

• Ebony
    Jan 15, 2020

This movie was amazing so much detail and so much like the original omg I loved it

• Nov 25, 2019

The Lion King is what most of Disney's live-action remakes have been, the same story just with more updated visual effects. 7.0/10 GOOD: -The visual effects gorgeous, and felt like watching a nature documentary -James Earl Jones as Mufasa was great like the original -Seth Rogan and Billy Eichner stole the show as Pumba and Timon -Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar was very convincing and he took a more grounded approach that worked well -The Hyenas were really good and held up to the originals -Kid Simba and kid Nala gave strong performances -Mufasa's death scene made my heart race and was well crafted and shot -John Oliver as Zazu was solid -John Kani as Rafiki gave a solid performance -The jokes landed almost every time thanks to the great delivery from Rogan and Eichner OKAY: -Beyonce and Donald Glover's performances as Nala and Simba, sometimes it was strong other times fell flat -Musical numbers were okay, nothing really special -It added nothing to the original film unlike Jungle Book which did back in 2016 BAD: -Sometimes because the animals are so realistic emotional connection is lost and the characters lack expression

• 1ovakynd
    Oct 29, 2019

Beautiful CG. Gorgeous movie but lacked all the humor that made the original animated movie a favorite to all.

• Roseli
    Oct 19, 2019

It was awesome my Dauther and my husband loved it and it’s funny and kinda sad but I like it!

• Geraldine H
    Oct 18, 2019

Pleasantly surprised by the live action. Still like original better but this was A1

• GeeBee
    Oct 18, 2019

The story line is very inspirational. The cinematography is INCREDIBLE! The music is great! It is an all-around wonderful experience. The seating in the theater is very comfortable and affords an excellent view of the screen. A MUST SEE!!!

• Eve H
    Oct 17, 2019

I love the updated format.

I love the updated format.

• Aubrey S
    Oct 17, 2019

Recreation of opening sequence....DECENT!!!!

Recreation of opening sequence....DECENT!!!!

• Pam
    Oct 16, 2019

I have love this story for a long time. Disney did a fantastic job bring it to life using real animals. My son loved it.

• Meredith H
    Oct 16, 2019

I was just out of high school when the original came out and it was instantly a favorite. I was a little jealous that this version wasnt available back then because it was so good! Great animation and it gave me all the feels, happy and sad, that the original one did. Still one of my favorites!