The Lion King Reviews

• Mary
    1h ago

I usually do not like remakes. However the new Lion King was excellent.

I usually do not like remakes. However the new Lion King was excellent.

• Jessica

Good all around movie

Good all around movie

• Elizabeth
    4h ago

Beautiful cinematography! The backgrounds are awesome and the CGI of taking animals is very believable.

• Desirae
    4h ago

It was good if you're tone deaf, I suppose. The songs were butchered. Cinematics were fine, to be expected but they could have done so much more. It was lacking creativity and emotion. Thoroughly disappointed with no caged zazoo and no cloud mufasa. John Oliver did do a nice job on zazoo. Seth Rogan as pumba was perhaps the biggest flop for me, he CANT SING. screw big names give me someone with pipes! Beyonce sucks too.

• Cary Vanley
    6h ago

The sound of the voices of the main characters were terrible, even James Earl Jones didn't have any punch. Now if you're 3 years old, you don't notice things like this, but the Industry has to get a clue that when you remake a CLASSIC, you at least have to make it as good or better....they left out funny scenes and changed the dialogue which didn't enhance the scenes. Also, the theater sound was horrible, the voices were to the left, the music to the right, the WHOLE experience was just totally disappointing. Disney is not doing very good quality control and it shows. The CGI was amazing, but you didn't have the right voices for the characters, especially SCAR, it was just terrible. It also proves one thing, CGI is just a part of the whole, you can't make it on CGI alone.

• Stephen
    6h ago

No facial expressions. It was kinda jarring not seeing any emotion on the faces so it took me outta the experience.

• Okezaki
    6h ago

It had very good CGI definitely nothing to sneeze at. But there were obvious places where the CGI didn't align with the movements physics-wise (mostly gravity issues), and sound-wise when it came to the mouth movements. I know for a fact that they aren't aren't using their full capabilities yet, especially with AI technology at their disposal, and I bet this was a gold mine at the box office. The only reason I brought this up is because - how in the world are you going to make a live-action film that's most obviously not live-action? Stop grabbing people's money with cheap tricks. Get CGI to where I can't tell a difference at all before you start calling CGI films, live-action films. Duh. Everything else was pretty much regular Lion King, although I really did enjoy some of the human-like expressive behavior coming from mostly Zazu. The bird's natural fast-twitch muscle behavior along with the expressive voice and synced-up beak, really did sort of make me think there was some sort of talking bird in the midst of us.

• Daniel
    7h ago

Great movie for the young and older viewers. Grandparents if you can this movie would be a great movie to take the grandkids. The theater was clean and had plenty of leg room.

• Kwasi