The Little Mermaid Live! Reviews

• Jan 09, 2020

The person they chose to cast as the main character ruined this movie.

The person they chose to cast as the main character ruined this movie.

• Nov 17, 2019

I loved it it was really good , I watched it twice . I would love if they had more live performance than the movie . I didn't like Grimsby being a black man instead of being white. What they should of done was act out the movie as the movie was playing that would of been cool. The music should of been the music that was only in the movie . The added music was not necessary. Shaggie should of been in a crab costume not what he was wearing he didn't even look like a crab . In the beginning should had Ariel's sister's sing the song and they should of been moving around not sitting . Ariels sisters didn't even look like them at all their hair color was all wrong . I loved the way Ariel swam and the other two mermaids in the beginning. The flounder puppet was cute so the other ones too. The mermaid costumes are awesome I love the big tails. The actors and actresses did a great job . It was really cool that there was a real sheep dog on stage. Jodi Benson voice of Ariel was awesome to announce the live action play . I hope they make a little mermaid 4 where Melody is older .

• Nov 17, 2019

I feel bad for the audience. That pretty much saw more of the movie again. Than they even saw a live performed show. John Stamos breaks character more than once to remind the audience who he is. He even shouts out that he should be Prince Eric. Stamos shouldn't do Broadway anytime soon. It's Queen Latifah who steals the show as Ursula. Eventhough you see more of Ursula in the movie being shown during it. Than you see her on stage.

• Nov 14, 2019

Seriously, The Little Mermaid comes off as something Disney is stuck with more than they actually want. I'm going to go off and say the original is one of my favorite Disney films. While mostly loved for nostalgia. I'm not going to say the story was well put together or had the best narrative. This live production on TV basically showed the original's problems we may have ingored as kids. I also want to say the girl they got for Ariel was just horrible in the role.

• Nov 13, 2019

one of the most confusing cringe worthy productions I've ever seen; 90% of it is a rewatch of the movie itself. the crab looked like a dude in a red motorcycle suit, the cartoon segments were way too long and Ariel sang when she wasn't supposed to have a voice. Queen Latifah gave it her all so there's that.

• Nov 11, 2019

ABC's Little Mermaid Live! Was a spectacular night full of smooth transitions from the movie to the stage. The sets were elaborate and creative and brought the production to life. The cast was phenomenal, Graham was a wonderful surprise as he beautifully belted out "Her Voice", a song from the broadway production. Auli'il was terrific and managed to support her vocals despite being swished around on wires through the night. Queen Latifah killed it as Ursula but that was expected. I will say though, the effects presented in "Poor Unfortunate Souls" was outstanding to look at and quite impressive for a tv production.

• Nov 10, 2019

Cute, singing was very hit or miss.

Cute, singing was very hit or miss.

• Nov 08, 2019

Oh, this is under the sea alright... under the sea of bitter salt!!!

Oh, this is under the sea alright... under the sea of bitter salt!!!

• Nov 07, 2019

The entire production was very forced. Ariel also sang a song when she wasn't supposed to have a voice! Wtf. Sebastian didnt even look like a crab. They did not include flounder as a main character. Stamos was awful. My children asked to watch our copy of Little Mermaid instead because they considered the live portions to be " commercials". They kept telling me that there were too many commercials! If you want to watch Little Mermaid then either watch it at home in the orginal version or spend money to go to Broadway. This version was an absolute mess.

• Nov 07, 2019

The Little Mermaid Live! is was a wonderful live television event for celebrate 30th Anniversary of my favorite 1989 Disney animated movie for my childhood!