Dr Seuss' The Lorax - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr Seuss' The Lorax Reviews

May 24, 2017
Just like all the other Movies that Cause Dr. Seuss to Role in his Grave. This Film continues in those Footsteps, Misses Every Message of the Original, terrible voice acting, and just in general, never made me feel for any of the characters, this is a big Orange Waist of Time if you ask me!
½ May 22, 2017
It made me literally want to die. I hate hate hate this movie. Please don't subject yourself to this filth
½ May 16, 2017
The animation is very well-rendered and the characters of the Lorax and the Once-ler themselves have well-developed enough backstories to make them as likable as they always have been, but the rest of the characters are just bland and generic, some of the character designs are a bit too ugly to be in CGI, the overall execution of the story isn't faithful enough to the original source material (especially with all those forced pop culture references thrown in for a cheap laugh), the entire third act is completely unnecessary and shouldn't even be there in the first place since it cheapens the power of the movie's message, the pop songs are pretty crappy (even though I do enjoy one of them as a guilty pleasure), and even the voice acting can be a lot stronger.
May 13, 2017
Let it (the rating) grow!
Lol
God I'm funny
May 4, 2017
the lorax is still funny, but the plot was weak we know we DONT have to cut down trees BECAUSE we get oxygen from them, but it was just a little, but yet enjoyable.
April 25, 2017
Very good animation. Imaginative and creative.
½ April 24, 2017
I hate this movie some much
April 9, 2017
The movie is bright and colorful but does not live up to the original from dr. Seus
½ March 20, 2017
Skip this one for higher quality movies!
½ March 18, 2017
While a bit of the original Dr. Seuss' story gets lost in the drawn out Hollywood story, the movie provides a solid family experience that will most certainly be enjoyed by children and even adults who are in the proper mindset.
March 5, 2017
ironic enough that there were so many commerical placements for this film where it's trying to spread the message how corporates are evil

isnt that ironic

oh yeah the movie isn't that good either
March 4, 2017
For adults fun once or twice, for kids probably limitless.
February 25, 2017
Starts off okay, but doesn't really follow the original story that well after a while. It gets boring and adds unnecessary plot lines that aren't in the book.
½ February 24, 2017
A spit in both Illumination's and Dr. Seuss's face
Not to mention the horrible songs... UGH!
February 23, 2017
The Koran is a steaming pile of shit
February 23, 2017
Failed attempt at Wall-E 2.
½ February 4, 2017
It's so fakely heartfelt it's heartless. So overfilled with fillers it's empty. So fast-paced it's the slowest movie I've ever seen.
I am angry, frustrated and a bit more cynical.
Surely much more prone to go out and chop some damn trees down.
½ February 2, 2017
This is all so dated. From the dated songs, to the dated characters, to the dated voice acting, to the dated subplots. This is an insult to Doctor Suess.
January 30, 2017
While Dr. Seuss took pains to make an environmental film that had no villains and left the door open as to what would happen in the future, this version reversed both of those important elements of the original story, turning one of Dr. Seuss' greatest stories into a boring, traditional kid's movie.
January 29, 2017
MMM. The most beautiful film I have every seen.