Dr Seuss' The Lorax - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr Seuss' The Lorax Reviews

August 16, 2017
Political correctness run amok with a non-transparent liberal agenda attempt to brainwash children. Skip this piece of fecal matter.
½ August 14, 2017
Though it has some catchy musical numbers and colorful animation, the Lorax is uninspired, and goes against it's own message, as it has a ton of product tie ins. It is entertaining at times though, with just a tad of humor.
August 2, 2017
A colourful and inventive movie to show to people how humans are treating the most valueble thing we have: our planet.
With good visuals and fun characters is a perfectly nice animated movie!
It's and 7,4 out of 10.
July 24, 2017
The Lorax provides a plethora of thought-provoking themes and its colorful world will appeal to younger viewers, but it does stray very far from the book itself, and the musical numbers don't fix it either.
July 20, 2017
Save the trees. Got it.
½ July 12, 2017
only 5 years later, and it's awful and dated movie tropes make it nearly unwatchable.
½ July 11, 2017
A blatantly anti-corporate butchering of a great literary work that makes James Cameron's Avatar look subtle by comparison. However, that's the least of this piece of trash's worries. With a script that's made it its mission to make the good Doctor roll in his grave, horribly dated and one-dimensional characters, and the strange need to compress the original (flawless) story into a 5-minute musical number while cramming the rest of the movie with pointless fluff, this is permanently on my hate list.
July 7, 2017
its quite good i really liked it , songs are cheerful characters fun , and overall animation is really good
July 2, 2017
I loathe this movie. It takes the message of the original story and oversimplifies it to the point where it's insultingly one dimensional because Hollywood thinks we're too stupid to understand a little thematic complexity. I'm not gonna act like the original story was a masterpiece of literature, but it respected the intelligence of its readers, both the kids and the adults. This film throws all of that out the window. Seriously. Fuck...this...movie!
½ July 2, 2017
Very Funny A tree falls the way it leans
½ June 20, 2017
Not a very good adaptation. It's too cluttered and tries too hard to be appealing. And the characters aren't designed very well.
June 3, 2017
i watch this movie whenever im depressed and it makes me feel things
½ May 31, 2017
The Lorax stuffs an overbearing environmentalist message into what should be a fun film. Instead, it merely expects you to laugh and applaud without putting the effort in to earn either reward.
½ May 27, 2017
A spit in both Illumination's and Dr. Seuss's face
Not to mention the horrible songs... UGH!
Story:5|10
Visuals:7|10
Characters:4|10
Songs:2|10
Overall:4.2|10.
May 27, 2017
Now I can see why The Trash Man Danny DeVito starred in this, IT'S BECAUSE THIS FILM IS A LOAD OF TRASH! IT ONCE AGAIN FAILS TO CAPTURE THE MAGIC OF SEUSS! WHILE HORTON HEARS A WHO STAYED CLOSE TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL WHILE TRYING TO ENTERTAIN KIDS THIS FILM IS ONLY TRYING TO ENTERTAIN KIDS WHO PROBABLY THINK WIKIPEDIA AND TMZ ARE CREDIBLE SOURCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ May 26, 2017
Now, I wouldn't say The Lorax is a great movie, but I think it's a decent one.
May 24, 2017
Just like all the other Movies that Cause Dr. Seuss to Role in his Grave. This Film continues in those Footsteps, Misses Every Message of the Original, terrible voice acting, and just in general, never made me feel for any of the characters, this is a big Orange Waist of Time if you ask me!
½ May 22, 2017
It made me literally want to die. I hate hate hate this movie. Please don't subject yourself to this filth
½ May 16, 2017
The animation is very well-rendered and the characters of the Lorax and the Once-ler themselves have well-developed enough backstories to make them as likable as they always have been, but the rest of the characters are just bland and generic, some of the character designs are a bit too ugly to be in CGI, the overall execution of the story isn't faithful enough to the original source material (especially with all those forced pop culture references thrown in for a cheap laugh), the entire third act is completely unnecessary and shouldn't even be there in the first place since it cheapens the power of the movie's message, the pop songs are pretty crappy (even though I do enjoy one of them as a guilty pleasure), and even the voice acting can be a lot stronger.
May 13, 2017
Let it (the rating) grow!
Lol