Dr Seuss' The Lorax - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr Seuss' The Lorax Reviews

½ March 20, 2017
Skip this one for higher quality movies!
½ March 18, 2017
While a bit of the original Dr. Seuss' story gets lost in the drawn out Hollywood story, the movie provides a solid family experience that will most certainly be enjoyed by children and even adults who are in the proper mindset.
March 5, 2017
ironic enough that there were so many commerical placements for this film where it's trying to spread the message how corporates are evil

isnt that ironic

oh yeah the movie isn't that good either
March 4, 2017
For adults fun once or twice, for kids probably limitless.
February 25, 2017
Starts off okay, but doesn't really follow the original story that well after a while. It gets boring and adds unnecessary plot lines that aren't in the book.
½ February 24, 2017
A spit in both Illumination's and Dr. Seuss's face
Not to mention the horrible songs... UGH!
February 23, 2017
The Koran is a steaming pile of shit
February 23, 2017
Failed attempt at Wall-E 2.
½ February 4, 2017
It's so fakely heartfelt it's heartless. So overfilled with fillers it's empty. So fast-paced it's the slowest movie I've ever seen.
I am angry, frustrated and a bit more cynical.
Surely much more prone to go out and chop some damn trees down.
½ February 2, 2017
This is all so dated. From the dated songs, to the dated characters, to the dated voice acting, to the dated subplots. This is an insult to Doctor Suess.
January 30, 2017
While Dr. Seuss took pains to make an environmental film that had no villains and left the door open as to what would happen in the future, this version reversed both of those important elements of the original story, turning one of Dr. Seuss' greatest stories into a boring, traditional kid's movie.
January 29, 2017
MMM. The most beautiful film I have every seen.
½ January 16, 2017
It doesn't suck, it's ok. To a 5 year old, this movie is amazing. It's colorful and music is good. Illumination makes good movies. Despicable Me 1 & 2, Secret Life of pets, and Sing are great. Lorax is funny at times. Some jokes are great, other are just meh! There is something The Lorax does great, and that's the message. Trees are important, The Lorax helps you realize that. But I have to say one thing, the book isn't that long but they do a great job of adding on to what the book had to offer. It brought memes though.
January 4, 2017
top critics rated 29%?
audience liked 64%? what ?
I think this is by far the best Dr. Seuss book to animation movie adaptation so far. And it was really fun for me when I watched it back in 2012. I just realised I never reviewed it and here I am looking at horrible ratings. I think, unfair and lacking valid counter points.
Danny De Vito did awesome job, great dialogues.
Watch Jeremy Jahns's review on YouTube if you want more info but I think this is great animation for kids with thinkable moments for everyone (especially about how much are you willing to give up for more money).
So, ignore critics. Watch it for yourself if you havent.
4/5
January 2, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
December 18, 2016
A butchering o Suess' original book. A sad attempt to capitalize on brand recognition, this soulless cash grab is so shallow the kids it panders to could see through this.
November 9, 2016
This movie should be watched by film students to study Hollywood pandering and how it is trying to kill the film industry.
½ November 7, 2016
It was not a bad film, though it could have explored far more with the story and it seemed rushed in some parts. Plus, the commercialism and ludicrous marketing hurts it a bit.
½ October 15, 2016
My major problem with this movie is that it did give you answers that the book and the original animated short did not do, it didn't give answers, but gave the audience of sign of hope that something for the better will work I know you have to make changes when making a feature length film, but the spirit of the book I think could be stronger with a longer running time.
September 30, 2016
such a good movie. So entertaining and funny. But the best pat is there's so much truth to this movie. It opened my eyes about the severe damage we're blindly causing to the earth.