Dr Seuss' The Lorax - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr Seuss' The Lorax Reviews

½ November 10, 2017
The Lorax is a funny yet powerful movie! Highly recommend!
October 28, 2017
Terrible. Completely ignores the source material.
October 24, 2017
The Lorax, ooohhhh boy what can say about this movie? how about the nice animation, looks great but what about the other parts of this film that makes it painful to sit through like ,the dull story, lazy writing ,an environmental message that could've been subtle but its just extremely obnoxious ,one dimensional characters and annoyingly atrocious songs. name a movie that shamefully mess the source material from top to bottom ,this movie is the best example.
September 9, 2017
The Lorax took a simple children's story and turned it into a brightly-colored, heavy-handed snorefest. It's obvious, based on the casting, that they were trying to lure in younger viewers, but they forgot to make the filler plot or the musical numbers interesting. The book is definitely better.
August 24, 2017
It is certainly not as bad as the Grinch or Cat in the Hat movies, but The Lorax is another movie that misses the point of its beloved source material. Instead of taking risks and challenging its audience, it plays everything safe and crushes the message with annoying pop-culture references and materialism that borders on insulting.
½ August 22, 2017
I wouldn't exactly say it's funny, but there is a clear message delivered really well about evil corporations ruining our planet. There are great characters and cast, good animation and catchy music.
August 16, 2017
Political correctness run amok with a non-transparent liberal agenda attempt to brainwash children. Skip this piece of fecal matter.
½ August 14, 2017
Though it has some catchy musical numbers and colorful animation, the Lorax is uninspired, and goes against it's own message, as it has a ton of product tie ins. It is entertaining at times though, with just a tad of humor.
August 2, 2017
A colourful and inventive movie to show to people how humans are treating the most valueble thing we have: our planet.
With good visuals and fun characters is a perfectly nice animated movie!
It's and 7,4 out of 10.
July 24, 2017
The Lorax provides a plethora of thought-provoking themes and its colorful world will appeal to younger viewers, but it does stray very far from the book itself, and the musical numbers don't fix it either.
July 20, 2017
Save the trees. Got it.
½ July 12, 2017
only 5 years later, and it's awful and dated movie tropes make it nearly unwatchable.
½ July 11, 2017
A blatantly anti-corporate butchering of a great literary work that makes James Cameron's Avatar look subtle by comparison. However, that's the least of this piece of trash's worries. With a script that's made it its mission to make the good Doctor roll in his grave, horribly dated and one-dimensional characters, and the strange need to compress the original (flawless) story into a 5-minute musical number while cramming the rest of the movie with pointless fluff, this is permanently on my hate list.
July 7, 2017
its quite good i really liked it , songs are cheerful characters fun , and overall animation is really good
July 2, 2017
I loathe this movie. It takes the message of the original story and oversimplifies it to the point where it's insultingly one dimensional because Hollywood thinks we're too stupid to understand a little thematic complexity. I'm not gonna act like the original story was a masterpiece of literature, but it respected the intelligence of its readers, both the kids and the adults. This film throws all of that out the window. Seriously. Fuck...this...movie!
½ July 2, 2017
Very Funny A tree falls the way it leans
½ June 20, 2017
Not a very good adaptation. It's too cluttered and tries too hard to be appealing. And the characters aren't designed very well.
June 3, 2017
i watch this movie whenever im depressed and it makes me feel things
½ May 31, 2017
The Lorax stuffs an overbearing environmentalist message into what should be a fun film. Instead, it merely expects you to laugh and applaud without putting the effort in to earn either reward.
½ May 27, 2017
A spit in both Illumination's and Dr. Seuss's face
Not to mention the horrible songs... UGH!
Story:5|10
Visuals:7|10
Characters:4|10
Songs:2|10
Overall:4.2|10.