The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Reviews

July 21, 2016
A fantastic ending to the amazing adaptation of the Lord of the Rings books. This final chapter in the trilogy easily surpasses the previous entries with amazing battle scenes, amazing oscar winning performances, and very beautiful scenery. The best features in this movie are its emotional depth and its battle sequences. This emotional epic ends the trilogy on a very satisfying note that will leave you in tears and applause.
July 18, 2016
I love it:) but the ending is sad:( but I still love it!!!
July 18, 2016
Without a doubt, the Best Sequel of all Time!
July 16, 2016
Incredible, incredible, incredible masterpiece
July 16, 2016
I own the extended BluRay editions of this franchise and must say it's one of my favorite film franchises ever.
July 10, 2016
Definitely recommend watching the Extended Edition since it adds a lot of interesting scenes. This movie is a masterpiece and the best movie out of the trilogy.
July 9, 2016
Fantastic, just was baffled at whether it would ever actually end.
July 4, 2016
As a movie lover there are a few movies that I would dare to call flawless and or perfect. However if there were a movie trilogy that I were to call it those things. I'd have to say Lord of the Rings is an absolute masterpiece. The story is a heart warming and compelling adventure. The characters are second to none. Peter Jackson brings an utter brilliant movie in Lord of the Rings Return of the King. In the final chapter of the is epic tale, Frodo, Sam and the creature Gollum are so close yet so far from Mordor and mount doom. And Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf, Pippin and Merry are in the situation of having to stop the overbearingly powerful Orc army. This film is filled with flawless action scenes, second to none acting, and a story line of gold. There is friendship, sacrifice, perseverance and triumph. This film is an emotional roller coaster of epic proportions. I am more than confident in giving this film a 100%
½ June 29, 2016
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) C-201m. ??? 1/2 D: Peter Jackson. Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Ian McKellen, Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, Ian Holm, Cate Blanchett, Christopher Lee, Andy Serkis. As the battle between men and Sauron's army comes to a close, Frodo and Sam reach their destination, but because of Gollum's cunning tricky, they face mistrust and temptation among their best friend. Quite a long film, but it's superbly directed and acted, serving for a truly remarkable, richly satisfying moviegoing experience that ultimately packs an emotional wallop. Major complaint: there are too many endings. 11 Oscars: Picture, Director, Screenplay, Editing, Production Design, Costumes, Makeup, Score, Song "Into the West", Sound Mixing, and of course, Visual Effects. Extended version runs 250m. (263m. on the Blu-Ray).
June 28, 2016
This movie is what a final movie should be. Suspense, epic battles, and a satisfying climax.
½ June 28, 2016
So it comes to an end, and after watching the whole extended trilogy you'll be exhausted as most of the characters. Everything a fantasy fan could wish for, setting the yard stick by which others are measured. I should point out I had not seen the previous theatrical length releases, and I think this enriched my viewing of this epic.
June 28, 2016
The reuniting at the end was truly amazing. I thought that Samwise Gamgee finally marrying Rosie Cotton was just plain old cute. The whole movie was amazing! I'd give this movie more stars if I could.
Absolutely incredible!

A very satisfying ending...

Without a doubt one of the best movies of all time!
June 28, 2016
This movie is even better with the extended footage!!!
June 28, 2016
If you're willing to endure the 4 hour running time of this epic conclusion, prepared to be dazzled by flawless special and visual effects, superior acting performances, and kick-ass action scenes, Peter Jackson wraps up this spectacular trilogy with style.
½ June 28, 2016
The extended editon, while it has many portions that I would have loved to see in the final cut, it also has some portions of the movie that I believe shouldn't even have been filmed. It does appear slightly (only slightly) cheesy in some parts. Although I must say props to Peter Jackson. He made LOTR come to life and for that I owe him greatly. Incredible batch of works and quite saddening, the last one.
June 28, 2016
I'm trying to buy this download!!!!
June 28, 2016
Awesome! More suspense, more humor, and more emotion than the short version has! Just like I wrote in my other Rings extended version review, if you watch the extended version, you'll almost never want to watch the short ones again!
Epic Conclusion to an Amazing Trilogy