The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Reviews

January 20, 2017
My favorite of the trilogy and the best and moving conclusion of the best trilogy since Star Wars.
½ January 15, 2017
Nota: 9.7/10 - 4.7/5
January 14, 2017
Featuring some of the most spectacular sequences ever seen on film, and moments of such intimate emotion that makes the heart swell. Return of the King defies its enormous expectations to conclude one of the greatest trilogies ever made.
December 18, 2016
A Truly Fantastic Picture, set in JRR Tolkins Middle Earth.
December 7, 2016
Everyone can agree it's a masterpiece.
December 1, 2016
Very similar opinion as the second one, except this one is longer. Actually, I'm not sure if this feels longer than the second or not, I think it feels the same. Not much else I can say, except Sean Astin's performance was outstanding all through the trilogy, and he made Sam probably my favorite character. I think he will be the most underrated, at least his performance. Not sure I can say anything else except, I didn't like the last two as much as the first, but they're still so well done and extremely great, especially when you realize they came out every year, that they are still something for other movies to reckon with. I don't know how anyone could think Star Wars, Star Trek, etc are BETTER than The Lord of the Rings. (Not sure if I need to say this, but I will. I'm talking about franchises, not trilogies, as well as franchises as a whole, not just a part (trilogy) of a franchise.)
November 29, 2016
One of my favorites!
November 26, 2016
Just when I thought Peter Jackson's trilogy couldn't get any better, Return of the King sets the stage as one of the best movies ever made. Compelling, complex, and action-packed, this is what film-making is all about.
Rating: 8.8 out of 10.
November 26, 2016
One of my favourite movies of all time
½ November 22, 2016
amazing movie, and one of the best of its "time"
½ November 11, 2016
Now that's how to wrap up a franchise!
November 10, 2016
I love everything about this move!
November 8, 2016
First movie that ever made me tear-up.

This trilogy is just too good for me to review. It transcends my ranking. There are no words for me to describe how much I love these films.
November 6, 2016
Ei niin huono ja pitkästyttävä kuin kakkososa, mutta kyllä tämäkin oli aika tuubaa. Ja ihan liikaa taistelua ja huonoja trikkejä. Mutta tässä sentään tarina saadaan onneksi päätökseen. Amen.
October 30, 2016
Touching, emotional and an undeniable thrill to experience; The Return of the King showcases some of cinemas most exciting and thrilling action sequences ever, while also giving it's characters and story enough moments to feel important and resonant. Well-directed, a little exhausting but undeniably rewarding, Peter Jackson's finale to the Lord of the Rings trilogy is as impressive as it is epic.
October 28, 2016
This is hands down the epitome of what every third entry should be. An absolute masterpiece.
October 17, 2016
Long live the king!
Once a year at Christmas time, my family and I anxiously dedicate twelve full hours of our lives to watch all three of the action packed Blu ray extended edition films of Peter Jacksons, The Lord of the Rings. We watch the first two films of the series, which tells the story of a band of heroes, who set off to destroy the ultimate evil threatening there very lives. Through a series of unfortunate events, they become separated and pulled into their own destinies. Building up to the third and final installment, The Return of the King, which comes forward with the most emotion, heroism and special effects in the trilogy. This final finale, bringing the first two films together, comes forth ultimately finishing the mission from the very beginning of destroying the unspeakable evil engulfing their world.
The heir, to the throne of the kingdom of men, standing at the head an army of ghost mercenaries, who go on to destroy an entire army and save countless lives. An elf prince is seen with amazing skill, taking down a creature the size of a ten story building single handedly. A terrifying eight-legged nightmare, nearly killing the one who in the end ultimately saves the entire world. And finally that same hero, after all that he has been through is seen dangling above a chasm of fire, ready to give up all hope. But is saved by the love of his best friend. These are only a few of the breathtaking scenes viewed in this epic finale. From the battle of multiple armies to the final destruction of the ultimate evil forever, this film is a must see and brings an emotional but satisfying end to this unexpected journey.
Ultimately, Peter Jackson does what he had aimed to do, that is to bring the trilogy of The Lord of the Rings to life in a beautiful way, taking the bestselling series into one of highest box office series of all time. The final movie of these classic legends comes to an awesome visual end, making audiences of all ages sit back in their seats and say, "Job well done".
October 14, 2016
epic conclusion with intense battle scenes. was also really long with lots of extensive emotional scenes (about 3 viewings)
October 13, 2016
All three films, beautifully crafted. It can be easily said why this was such a popular series. Sam and Frodo finally make it to Mount Doom to destroy the ring, but with Gollum along there path, things get more complicated. Meanwhile, war against Middle Earth has broken out. The battle against 10,000 Orcs was just the beginning. Battles are bigger, but the hero's become stronger. Overall, I probably wouldn't consider this series a favorite much, but I would honestly consider it the most well made series and most well made group of movies ever. The ending very well shows what this world really needs. Almost three and a half hours, but it moves along very nicely for a film of such length.