The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Reviews

May 21, 2017
Absolutely stunning.
This deserved it's place in the Oscars and deserved every reward it earned as well.
May 10, 2017
Truly epic film with stunning visuals and unforgettable battle scenes.
May 6, 2017
The final film of the trilogy and the finest: one of the most enthralling pieces of work ever put on the big screen.
May 3, 2017
3 hours and 20 minutes of the ending, and the battle is just as epic as ever.
May 1, 2017
To long of a movie that I can't sit and watch
April 27, 2017
Great movie, just one problem. THE TIME!!! Do you really need over three hours of Lord of the Rings? Other than that, I think it's good.
April 25, 2017
Amazing movie, every minute is more and more intriguing.
April 25, 2017
There is no doubt that this film earned every Oscar that won. Perfection is the only word to describe this film. The ending even had me tearing up with happiness and joy for the characters. Of corse Peter Jackson builds on his, already breathtaking, world. The characters are still very compelling and the story just keeps getting better. Watching Viggo Mortensen reclaim the crown that was rightfully his was just astounding. This is the perfect end to the best trilogy ever created.
April 22, 2017
Epic conclusion to the best trilogy I have laid my eyes upon and that is despite the obvious flaws as the cohesive whole that the trilogy brings together is something to behold. This third and final entry in the series is the best of the bunch as it actually has a satisfying conclusion and doesn't feel open ended which quite frankly were my only major issues with the previous two. The cast is great, the production is once again on top form, the battle scenes are epic in scope with the action being thrilling and quite terrifying at times, the score is even more bombastic and emotional than before and the script convincingly ties all the lose ends together with a mix of triumph, emotion and farewells.
April 22, 2017
Amazing ending for a fantastic trilogy! Enough said.
April 15, 2017
While there are multiple endings to this film, Return of the King is still a wonderful conclusion to one of the greatest film trilogy's of all time.
April 15, 2017
What an epic conclusion to an epic story.
April 14, 2017
Brilliant film, a touching end to an epic trilogy, with many Oscar worthy performances from the talented cast
April 10, 2017
Return of the King is the epic conclusion to the epic trilogy, full of breathtaking visual effects and epic battles and moments.
April 9, 2017
Such a cool fantasy movie. Action-packed, but it's not just a dumb action flick. Smart, fun, serious, and engaging. Long, but worth sitting through. Definitely.
April 8, 2017
The epic conclusion to a great trilogy.
April 3, 2017
An exciting finale to one of the greatest trilogies of all time. The Return of the King is a marvel of cinema, and proves that the final film in the trilogy can be the best one. A fitting end of all things that occurred in the wondrous and exciting world of Middle Earth. The only downside to this movie is that this is the end, and we have to say goodbye to a cast of characters that brought the story to life, and made us all want to live in their world.
March 30, 2017
An exhilarating experience, full of feeling that is enhanced by battle scenes, again special effects and characters that have been handled in a great way.
Jackson concludes his opus magnum in a perfect way, giving a great adaptation to the cinema to the work of Tolkien.
March 27, 2017
Epic! Beautiful! Deep! Meaningful! Heart Wrenching! Up lifting! Amazing!
March 23, 2017
The worst of the trilogy, Although a lot happens, it somehow feels like it has been spread too thin to fill up the time, like... butter over too much bread. Much of the blame can be placed on Tolkein. Not very charming.