The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Reviews

July 8, 2017
A great finale to a fantastic series! Highly recommend!
July 1, 2017
Perfect way to end a franchise as good as this
June 26, 2017
The final film of the trilogy and the finest: one of the most enthralling pieces of work ever put on the big screen. The big takeaway however is the emotion; very rarely will a film leave you with the feeling that you experience when the credits roll.
½ June 22, 2017
This movie is just awesome! The story is highly condensed in terms of languages they are speaking. I had loved every single second. The author is entirely brilliant.
June 20, 2017
A magnificent climax to the trilogy. Full of twists and turns with many unforgettable scenes. A masterpiece. My favourite film of 2003. AAW GGWD. 1001
June 11, 2017
Great film but I can't help but feel it was kind of rushed at the end - i really didn't enjoy the last third which is why it's not 5 *'s and thought the CGI was ropey
June 11, 2017
An all time fantasy classic masterfully done on film. This will be a legendary film trilogy for ages to come.
June 4, 2017
The best lord of the ring film
June 3, 2017
Wow! This was an epic finale to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which was indeed wonderful on every level. I loved the depth of emotions proposed by Peter Jackson throughout the entire film, especially at the end, which was very emotive and heart-breaking.
"LOTR: The Return of the King" is truly a tale of heroes, bonded together by friendship. It's that very special friendship between the hobbits Frodo (Elijah Wood) and Samwise (Sean Astin) that touches us most of all.
½ June 3, 2017
La Úpica definitiva del cine.
½ June 2, 2017
this film could not end soon enough for me and the irony was that the film had like 4 fucking endings i would rather be whipped with barbwire that sit through theses films again and dont eevn talk the extended cuts
½ June 1, 2017
It did multiple things right and was actoin packed and fun. the only problem with it was that there were too many problems. The characters just whent from one batle to another. However the story did flow well and followed the book.
June 1, 2017
The Return of the King wraps up the most brilliant trilogy in cinematic history with an effortless, epic grandeur. The fact that this film does not crumble under the weight of expectations built up in the first two is incredible. Elijah Wood delivers his best work as Frodo, really making the viewer feel the burden of his quest. The battles are brilliantly done, the epilogues feel appropriate after such a massive amount of time with these characters, and the grandest tale told on the screen satisfies in every way.
June 1, 2017
Amazing, best movie ever!!
May 21, 2017
Absolutely stunning.
This deserved it's place in the Oscars and deserved every reward it earned as well.
May 10, 2017
Truly epic film with stunning visuals and unforgettable battle scenes.
May 3, 2017
3 hours and 20 minutes of the ending, and the battle is just as epic as ever.
May 1, 2017
To long of a movie that I can't sit and watch
April 27, 2017
Great movie, just one problem. THE TIME!!! Do you really need over three hours of Lord of the Rings? Other than that, I think it's good.
April 25, 2017
Amazing movie, every minute is more and more intriguing.