The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Reviews

September 10, 2017
The middle of a trilogy is always a difficult balance to achieve, you have to build and develop existing characters from the first film and also create enough intrigue and excitement for the final film whilst being an enjoyable and action packed entity of it's own and The Two Towers completely pulls it off. We follow the fellowship that has now broken off into 3 distinct groups, Frodo and Sam head towards Mordor, Merry and Pippin have been taken by the Uruk Hai and Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli have set off on foot to rescue their hobbit friends. We're also introduced to quite a few new characters, the most interesting of which are Theoden, played by Bernard Hill and Gollum/Sméagol, played by Andy Serkis. Gollum is one of the most astounding achievements of this film, the mixture of motion capture, cgi and Andy Serkis' performance creates a character that is so engaging, pitiful and complicated that he steals every scene that he's in and shows the audience what could happen to Frodo if his mission fails. The Two Towers also ratchets up the fight scenes from the previous film with the attack on Isengard and the battle for Helm's Deep, the latter or which has an excellent balance of tension, humour, action and real heart to it as our heroes are heavily outnumbered by the enemy. Just as good as the The Fellowship of the Ring, if not better, Peter Jackson continues to push the boundaries of filmmaking in scale and excellence.
September 2, 2017
My only favorite part was the beginning and then it got boring for me and complicated so it's not one for me
August 27, 2017
Not as fun as the first one but it defenatly was done beter with an even amount of everything which made it a great sequel to the LOTR.
August 14, 2017
BEST MOVIE AND BEST TRIOLOGY EVER. PERIOD.
August 10, 2017
alternate version. I've seen this and would give it same rating as main version.
August 9, 2017
Excellent, excellent, excellent film. The dam scence and the battle with the orcs make the movie.
½ August 6, 2017
The Two Towers is a better sequel with more fleshed out and memorable characters, and amazing story.
August 2, 2017
Amazing just like it's predecessor. This sequel is darker, more action-packed and even with some humor thrown in there. Also, Andy Serkis as gollum's performance is legendary.
July 27, 2017
Look at my review for Fellowship Of The Ring, as my thoughts on it are the exactly like my thoughts on The Two Towers

Overall Grade: A+ (10/10)
July 25, 2017
A super rare sequel with fantastic battles and sieges, a terrific cast and steadily paced storyline.
July 16, 2017
An epic sequel that doesn't get bogged down in the middle chapter narrative problems, largely in part to the fantastic source material, the humanization and excellent realization of who these characters are along with retelling the story in an emotionally powerful and visually spectacular way, The Two Towers is a perfect adaptation, and is a spectacle in filmmaking in every single way.
July 8, 2017
Awesome film! Enjoyed it very much. It's a great #2 with lots of action, epic moments, and believable CGI! Excellent cinematography.
½ July 7, 2017
Overall very enjoyable. But I got to say, there is a whole lot of downtime. And it's pretty dang boring. But it is less boring than the first
July 1, 2017
One of the best films ever
June 27, 2017
Unbelievable second act that raises the stakes and sets up the third film just as well as the Empire Strikes back.
June 17, 2017
Peter Jackson! What else can i say ? Absolutely a classic ! Amazing visuall effects,amazing soundtracks.Perfect story by J.R.R. Tolkien ! Amazing job!
June 11, 2017
An all time fantasy classic masterfully done on film. This will be a legendary film trilogy for ages to come.
June 4, 2017
Did enjoy it but it was too slow
½ June 2, 2017
This was a very exciting, fun & joyful experience for me, which I found to be a very out-of-the-ordinary type of film.
It's a thrilling movie that flies at a gallop, boasts the most impressive computer graphics yet created, and succeeds smashingly as a grownup drama and kid-captivating fantasy, making way for this trilogy to be one of my most favourite fantasy franchises yet!
½ June 1, 2017
better that the first but only went to see cos my mate was a fan of the book i was not the least bit won over by these films