The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Reviews

½ October 13, 2016
Quite significantly better than the first film. With the fellowship separated, war has begun, but Frodo and Sam are still alive and are that much closer to Mount Doom to destroy the One Ring. There are many good reason's one why this film was considered bigger and better. The battles were larger, it was practically one the main climaxes of the series, and the story is more in depth. Once again, the overall film was well crafted and well directed much like it's previous. The humor was also exceptionally better as well. Let us not forget the Ents also. They were also a good addition to this one, as they attacked one of the most main areas in the film: One of the two towers known as Isengard. The story continues...
October 10, 2016
fun adventure movie with the addition of a great character in Gollum. the final battle scene was epic (about 4 viewings)
September 27, 2016
This second installment is even better than the first! I remember feeling a genuine sense of awe and wonder when I first got to see Gollum and Treebeard come to life on the big screen. This movie really nurtures the imagination while at the same time offering an incredible amount of epic battles that will satisfy most movie fans. I love this movie.
September 19, 2016
Good, but not as good as the other two. Mind you, this is great. but you know what I mean. This is the one with the endless talking trees and that senile king. Ohhh boy. Oh yeah, and lots and lots of Gollum.
Rewatch notes: I either was too harsh on this or I liked this a lot better the second time around. Was a fun rewatch that's for sure.
½ September 12, 2016
best battle secne in a movie i think
½ September 12, 2016
4 1/2 out of 5 stars! This is probably my favorite of all the Middle Earth films. Gollum's inclusion and the conflict make it much more colorful and exciting than Fellowship. This is another great example of how part 2s in trilogies are always the best! Back to the Future 2, Terminator 2, Empire Strikes Back, The Dark Knight, Godfather 2, Spider-man 2, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, etc.
September 6, 2016
This one boasts a bit more action and even more character development than the first installment- though it's still continuing a story that doesn't reach a satisfying conclusion here. With great performances and fantasy world building, Two Towers is a memorable chapter in the saga.
August 26, 2016
I Love This Movie!

Originally Written December 12, 2002--
The sequel to the Golden Globe-nominated and AFI Award-winning 'The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring,' 'The Two Towers' follows the continuing quest of Frodo (Elijah Wood) and the Fellowship to destroy the One Ring. Frodo and Sam (Sean Astin) discover they are being followed by the mysterious Gollum (Andy Serkis). Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen), the Elf archer Legolas (Orlando Bloom), and Gimli the Dwarf (John Rhys-Davies) encounter the besieged Rohan kingdom, whose once great King Theoden (Bernard Hill) has fallen under Saruman's (Christopher Lee) deadly spell. Meanwhile, a mysterious new wizard makes an unexpected appearance.

Oh wow how I love this movie! All of the characters I loved reading about in Tolkien's classic novels are brought to life on the big screen in this incredible new chapter in the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy. From the cinematography to the costumes to the spot on performances of the actors, this movie rocks! I have been waiting for more than twenty years for someone to make a faithful adaptation of this story. Peter Jackson, you have made the little boy still inside of me thrill with these movies! Walking and talking Ents! Holy cow! Five stars!
August 22, 2016
80% - The Lord Of The Rings : The Two Towers is considered to be the most intensified film out of the trilogy. This film is made on a very large scale with a proper balance of story and action that makes it very entertaining to watch.
½ August 21, 2016
Following such a successful film as its predecessor was never going to be an easy task for this film. Only it didn't just meet the expectation of that fans it went further than them. What can only be described as a compelling, exciting and overall phenomenal second instalment must be seen by film fans. This film is even more action packed than the first with big battle scenes such as Helm's Deep yet it still maintains lighthearted moments between the characters even in the darkest of times. It will leave you wanting more.
August 21, 2016
The most extraordinary adventure of our time! Best film of 2002!
August 18, 2016
Seriously, try to find a better epic with better storytelling. You'll be searching all day fam ;)
½ August 11, 2016
The middle part is no less epic than the one before or after it.
½ August 11, 2016
The Two Towers builds tension more fluidly and is even grander in spectacle. It is also the entry into the trilogy that makes it unmistakably clear you'll have to look elsewhere than just the films in order to make sense of important plot points.
August 9, 2016
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers continues what made The Fellowship of the Ring so great, and does not disappoint. Just like the first film, a masterpiece.
August 8, 2016
My fav of the trilogy, great action and emotion
August 7, 2016
The worst of the 3 but still great and worth a watch!
August 2, 2016
If not more awe-inspiring than the superb original, LOTR: The Two Towers unashamedly uses its classic source material to excellent effect; combining jaw-dropping, large action set pieces, with depth to characters. JRR Tolkien's novel is literally brought to life onscreen and producing one one of the best middle chapters in movie history.
Verdict: A+
½ August 2, 2016
I was surprised how a 4 hour long movie could keep me thoroughly entertained. Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli showed great bonding and friendship and the humor between the latter two was also great. It was good to see the past romance between Aragorn and Arwen but not too memorable. Arwen did make a stunningly beautiful elf princess. Frodo and Sam were both much braver and even Merry and Pippin stopped being losers and that was quite refreshing to see. Treebeard was a great addition and I am surprised to know the voiceovers of both Gimli and Treebeard was done by the same actor. I would have loved to lie in Treebeard's branches and fall asleep listening to one of his stories. Theoden was impressive and the shifts in his personality interesting. This was a far more enjoyable movie than the first one.
July 30, 2016
The middle chapter of a trilogy can sometimes be the one that drags. It's not the fresh beginning and it's not the epic end. But as with Star Wars, the middle chapter of this trilogy is a masterpiece of cinema. The performances are both astounding and heart wrenching, with Bernard Hill as the noble King Theoden and Ian McKellan as the ever wonderful Gandalf as stand outs. The set pieces are wonderful and the special effects still stand up 13 years later. And the movie is all finished up with one of the greatest cinema battles ever put to film. Watch it now, and enjoy.