The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Reviews

April 25, 2017
In my top 5 movies of all time. Lord of the Rings is one of the greatest fantasy stories of all time and this movie brings all the emotions and action that both average movie goers and die hard Lord of the Rings fans can both enjoy equally.
April 25, 2017
The continuation of Frodo's journey is a great outing for Peter Jackson and Elijah Woods. While it's isn't as good as the first film, to me. It may be because the first one captured my mind and imagination unlike any film before it. I love this series of films and can't believe that no director before has created this live action master piece before now. The return of Sir Ian McKellen's Gandolf is a surprise to those who have not read the books before watching the film. The introduction of the creepy Gollum is off putting, but the perfect way to portray the character. Keep bringing great films Mr. Jackson.
April 22, 2017
This is probably my favorite Lord of the Rings movie. Gotta love Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli!
½ April 22, 2017
An improvement over the first film purely because we get see Middle-Earth be expanded upon with new characters and additional world building while also improving upon the action with an epic battle at Helm's Deep. The production, the score, the script, the direction and the cinematography are all kept to a high standard and quite frankly it only suffers from what the first film did in terms of being open ended coupled with a lackluster ending.
April 14, 2017
By far my favorite of the trilogy, the battle of helms deep is by far the greatest movie battle put to screen in my opinion, a must see
April 10, 2017
The two towers is a spectacular movie, with amazing action sequences and very emotional moments, that leaves you amazed with its own epicness.
½ April 3, 2017
Terrible. Boring. Ridiculous long. The only thing good about it was cut direction. Who wants to watch 3 1/2 hrs of a hero who's most heroic action is running away?
½ April 3, 2017
A fantastic second installment to the incredible Lord of the Rings trilogy. This movie improves on nearly everything from its fantastic predecessor. The character depth is improved, the cinematography is wonderful, and the action is some of the best in the series. Two Towers is a fantasy epic that continues the near perfect trilogy.
½ April 1, 2017
Billions of budgets for a film full of racist allusions: blonde elves with blue eyes like Nazis are presented as a "superior race" to the the hai urucs, "resulting from the crossbreeding", all the "races" with quality are Genetically programmed without faults ... Did Hitler himself write this scenario? This film is a Nazi propaganda work (see the book of Isabelle Smadja which proved it in black and white).
½ April 1, 2017
An excellent adaptation that tells the story in a masterful way and improves both the tempo and the already spectacular visual and special effects
March 22, 2017
Very good. Go watch it if your were on the fence like me. An epic battle that cannot be beat!
March 20, 2017
After watching the second part of this film I wondered what the point was as none of the characters seemed to make any progress in their journey. Still this is a great film none the less.
March 15, 2017
Even better than the original.
½ March 6, 2017
Overall very enjoyable. But I got to say, there is a whole lot of downtime. And it's pretty dang boring.
March 4, 2017
One of the most epic and greatest movies in history.
½ February 26, 2017
Maybe the best of the three. The world of Lord of the Rings gets bigger and more dangerous. The expanded presence of Golem adds uniqueness that separates Lord of the Rings from other fantasy movies.
½ February 26, 2017
This ridiculously long and epic fim boasts even more grand action, revolutionary special effects and great acting, as well as more developed characters and emotion that you feel more easily.
February 12, 2017
Two towers was a huge improvement.
February 10, 2017
Got to be one of the best films ever made, enjoy the character development from the first film as we follow Frodo Baggins further on his journey into Mordor to destroy the ring. Great depth and new challenges for the protagonist to face, including the reveal of a new powerful army in the Uruk Hai.

The introduction to new characters to the franchise is amazing, one of the main being the introduction to Gollum as a main character, great performance from Andy Serkis. Along with King Theoden, a man poisoned by Sauruman to puppeteer the kingdom of Rohan, this introduction raises the stakes of the battle for the ring and the fate of the character.

Not to mention the amazing Battle at Helms Deep which not only offers some of the greatest fights, but offers a light amount of comedy to go along with it coming from Legolas and Gimli, enjoyable from start to finish.