The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Reviews

December 4, 2016
best series of movies I've ever seen
December 1, 2016
One of the biggest cons is that it feels really long. I think I can say why I don't like this one as much. It felt like a detour, the fellowship wasn't together either which helped that feeling. Everyone but Frodo and Sam's storyline were annoying because they had nothing to do with the fellowship or the ring, and there were even new characters introduced for it that were fine, but I didn't like that they were just there for the plot. There were several fight scenes which were cool and had great action, but not what I wanted. I also didn't love how they used a certain character this time around. It also feels very different, in tone, and in other ways I don't know how to describe. Overall this isn't really "bad" it's just something that should have come out after the ring story was told, like a sequel, not something that should have happened while we're in the middle of telling a story. I'm not thinking this rating will change, and unless Return of the King is worse this is my least favorite. (I've never seen Game of Thrones, but I feel like it's probably something like this. Royal is a description I'd use for this. I think that's one of the different feelings I couldn't describe from above.)
November 26, 2016
The Two Towers is by no stretch of the imagination an underwhelming middle chapter. This is just as good as The Fellowship of the Ring, taking are characters in more complex situations and increasing the stakes for a film that keeps you engaged even in its quiet moments, and the pay-off in Helm's Deep is a one of a kind. Another Lord of the Rings masterpiece.
November 26, 2016
Rating: 8.6 out of 10.
November 22, 2016
One of my favorites!
½ November 14, 2016
Gollum stole the show, and the film should've won best picture, but I kinda understand why it didn't! One gripe I have, however, is having the character Faramir nearly giving into the rings power. After that, making him take Frodo, Sam, and Gollum to Osgiliath, which was not in the book. As far as I'm concerned, the writers should have kept them in Ithilien, as was written in the original story! But still, this is a timeless sequel!
November 11, 2016
Best film of the trilogy,overall. I really liked the Ents. And everyone's performance is at their peak.
November 10, 2016
Probably my least favorite of the movies despite it being my favorite of the books. However, it was still much better than the book.
November 8, 2016
Two words: "Helm's Deep"
Greatest film battle EVER.

This trilogy is just too good for me to review. It transcends my ranking. There are no words for me to describe how much I love these films.
½ October 30, 2016
Harvinaisen pitkäveteinen leffa: kolme haukotuttavaa tuntia taistelua tai siihen valmistautumista. Tylsää dystopiaa. Sormuksen vienti ei juuri edisty. Fantasia ei ole meikäläisen juttu ylipäätään, ja tämä (klassikko kylläkin) ei kiinnostanut kirjanakaan, väkisin nuoruudessa kahlattu läpi. Tässä kakkososassa ei tapahdu mitään mielenkiintoista, ykkösosa vielä menettelikin. Booring.
October 30, 2016
The Two Towers manages to up the ante in every possible way. It's once again talented (and well-developed) cast of character, it's remarkable visual effects and an excellent score are just the tip of the iceberg. Peter Jackson has succesfully crafted a sequel that can wholly stand on it's own, but at the same time, leave it's viewers excited for what's still to come. Kudos to Andy Serkis for his excellent performance.
½ October 13, 2016
Quite significantly better than the first film. With the fellowship separated, war has begun, but Frodo and Sam are still alive and are that much closer to Mount Doom to destroy the One Ring. There are many good reason's one why this film was considered bigger and better. The battles were larger, it was practically one the main climaxes of the series, and the story is more in depth. Once again, the overall film was well crafted and well directed much like it's previous. The humor was also exceptionally better as well. Let us not forget the Ents also. They were also a good addition to this one, as they attacked one of the most main areas in the film: One of the two towers known as Isengard. The story continues...
October 10, 2016
fun adventure movie with the addition of a great character in Gollum. the final battle scene was epic (about 4 viewings)
September 27, 2016
This second installment is even better than the first! I remember feeling a genuine sense of awe and wonder when I first got to see Gollum and Treebeard come to life on the big screen. This movie really nurtures the imagination while at the same time offering an incredible amount of epic battles that will satisfy most movie fans. I love this movie.
September 19, 2016
Good, but not as good as the other two. Mind you, this is great. but you know what I mean. This is the one with the endless talking trees and that senile king. Ohhh boy. Oh yeah, and lots and lots of Gollum.
Rewatch notes: I either was too harsh on this or I liked this a lot better the second time around. Was a fun rewatch that's for sure.
½ September 12, 2016
best battle secne in a movie i think
½ September 12, 2016
4 1/2 out of 5 stars! This is probably my favorite of all the Middle Earth films. Gollum's inclusion and the conflict make it much more colorful and exciting than Fellowship. This is another great example of how part 2s in trilogies are always the best! Back to the Future 2, Terminator 2, Empire Strikes Back, The Dark Knight, Godfather 2, Spider-man 2, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, etc.
September 6, 2016
This one boasts a bit more action and even more character development than the first installment- though it's still continuing a story that doesn't reach a satisfying conclusion here. With great performances and fantasy world building, Two Towers is a memorable chapter in the saga.
August 26, 2016
I Love This Movie!

Originally Written December 12, 2002--
The sequel to the Golden Globe-nominated and AFI Award-winning 'The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring,' 'The Two Towers' follows the continuing quest of Frodo (Elijah Wood) and the Fellowship to destroy the One Ring. Frodo and Sam (Sean Astin) discover they are being followed by the mysterious Gollum (Andy Serkis). Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen), the Elf archer Legolas (Orlando Bloom), and Gimli the Dwarf (John Rhys-Davies) encounter the besieged Rohan kingdom, whose once great King Theoden (Bernard Hill) has fallen under Saruman's (Christopher Lee) deadly spell. Meanwhile, a mysterious new wizard makes an unexpected appearance.

Oh wow how I love this movie! All of the characters I loved reading about in Tolkien's classic novels are brought to life on the big screen in this incredible new chapter in the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy. From the cinematography to the costumes to the spot on performances of the actors, this movie rocks! I have been waiting for more than twenty years for someone to make a faithful adaptation of this story. Peter Jackson, you have made the little boy still inside of me thrill with these movies! Walking and talking Ents! Holy cow! Five stars!