The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Reviews

½ August 21, 2016
Following such a successful film as its predecessor was never going to be an easy task for this film. Only it didn't just meet the expectation of that fans it went further than them. What can only be described as a compelling, exciting and overall phenomenal second instalment must be seen by film fans. This film is even more action packed than the first with big battle scenes such as Helm's Deep yet it still maintains lighthearted moments between the characters even in the darkest of times. It will leave you wanting more.
August 21, 2016
The most extraordinary adventure of our time! Best film of 2002!
August 18, 2016
Seriously, try to find a better epic with better storytelling. You'll be searching all day fam ;)
½ August 11, 2016
The middle part is no less epic than the one before or after it.
½ August 11, 2016
The Two Towers builds tension more fluidly and is even grander in spectacle. It is also the entry into the trilogy that makes it unmistakably clear you'll have to look elsewhere than just the films in order to make sense of important plot points.
August 9, 2016
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers continues what made The Fellowship of the Ring so great, and does not disappoint. Just like the first film, a masterpiece.
August 8, 2016
My fav of the trilogy, great action and emotion
August 7, 2016
The worst of the 3 but still great and worth a watch!
August 2, 2016
If not more awe-inspiring than the superb original, LOTR: The Two Towers unashamedly uses its classic source material to excellent effect; combining jaw-dropping, large action set pieces, with depth to characters. JRR Tolkien's novel is literally brought to life onscreen and producing one one of the best middle chapters in movie history.
Verdict: A+
½ August 2, 2016
I was surprised how a 4 hour long movie could keep me thoroughly entertained. Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli showed great bonding and friendship and the humor between the latter two was also great. It was good to see the past romance between Aragorn and Arwen but not too memorable. Arwen did make a stunningly beautiful elf princess. Frodo and Sam were both much braver and even Merry and Pippin stopped being losers and that was quite refreshing to see. Treebeard was a great addition and I am surprised to know the voiceovers of both Gimli and Treebeard was done by the same actor. I would have loved to lie in Treebeard's branches and fall asleep listening to one of his stories. Theoden was impressive and the shifts in his personality interesting. This was a far more enjoyable movie than the first one.
July 30, 2016
The middle chapter of a trilogy can sometimes be the one that drags. It's not the fresh beginning and it's not the epic end. But as with Star Wars, the middle chapter of this trilogy is a masterpiece of cinema. The performances are both astounding and heart wrenching, with Bernard Hill as the noble King Theoden and Ian McKellan as the ever wonderful Gandalf as stand outs. The set pieces are wonderful and the special effects still stand up 13 years later. And the movie is all finished up with one of the greatest cinema battles ever put to film. Watch it now, and enjoy.
July 28, 2016
***
It's easily the slowest moving of the trilogy, and coincidentally the weakest, but the Two Towers has many redeeming factors as well, such as the amazing craft of Peter Jackson constantly on display.
July 19, 2016
I came for the Battle of Helm's Deep - and I got the Battle of Helm's Deep.
July 18, 2016
So good I love it!!!!
July 17, 2016
Oh my god. This movie is so good. The movies has the same elements that make the dark knight great. Awesome characters, breathtaking battles and Aragorn is a badass. The best of all of the middle earth movies. Just awesome in the best way.
July 16, 2016
An astonishing movie with some of the best action scenes put to film along with plenty of heart
July 10, 2016
While not better than the first one, this one did not feel lengthy or boring at any point.
July 9, 2016
Definitely recommend watching the Extended Edition since it adds a lot of interesting scenes. This movie is a masterpiece and leaves audiences wanting to see the final movie in this trilogy.
July 9, 2016
Had the best funny lines/scenes of the whole trilogy. Very expected meat of the story middle movie.
½ July 6, 2016
Featuring a breath-taking battle sequence at Helm's Deep, The Two Towers is a fantastic second chapter to Frodo's journey in Middle Earth.