The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Reviews

January 14, 2017
The Battle for Helms Deep remains one of the great fantasy battles ever seen on screen.
January 14, 2017
?The Lord Of The Rings: Two Towers is hoisted into prosperity and glory by the tailored hands of Peter Jackson; who oh soo diligently emend's his error's and inaccuracies regrettably made in the fellowship of the Ring. The preeminent science fiction film made it's debut on December 18th, 2002 and continued to be a close contender with Minority Report, along with Men in Black. The ensemble reunites once more with Viggo Mortensen; Orlando Bloom; John Rhys-davies; MckeMcKellen; Elijah Wood; Sean Astin; mordorBilly Boyd; and Dominic Monaghan who are left in the fate of Frodo Baggins vigilance throuMordor.
Two Towers Progresses the already established narrative of Frodo and Sam venturing on their perilous expedition to Mt.Doom to destroy and forsaken the Ring. Along with their journey, their are two other expeditions that are explored; fangornAragorn, Gimli, and Legolas scouring through the forFangorn in search for the orcs who have captured Pippin and Mary, as well as Mary and Pippin acquainting themselves with Treebeard; a fellow ent. For all that enchanting is not only seen throughout the main characters; but also visited within the supporting characters. Gollum, the race of the ents, and the kingdom of Rohan are testaments of Jackson's solicitude for Tolkien's masterful Folklore.
Where fellowship summons Emotional storytelling; Two Towers summons War, violence, and action to entice it's audience. Battling is a predominant aspect of science fiction, it's a facet where directors can really demonstrate their prowess through the staggering size and scopes of mise-en-scenes--which is the arrangement of everything that appears in the framing: actors, lighting, decor, props, scenery, and costumes. Jackson is no neophyte; furthermore, he makes no mistake of having incontestable fidelity for Tolkien's most paramount chapters. From Helm's deep to The Road to Isengard these are the sequences that undoubtedly pass the brink of being visually sensual.
In conclusion, Two Towers is an exemplary film with few rough edges from absent chapters; but this sequel still triumphs in a demonstration of Jackson's plenary indulgence within Tolkien's mythology.
½ January 6, 2017
The middle part is no less epic than the one before or after it.
December 17, 2016
Just as good as Fellowship, with increased scale and spectacular battle sequences.
December 4, 2016
best series of movies I've ever seen
December 1, 2016
One of the biggest cons is that it feels really long. I think I can say why I don't like this one as much. It felt like a detour, the fellowship wasn't together either which helped that feeling. Everyone but Frodo and Sam's storyline were annoying because they had nothing to do with the fellowship or the ring, and there were even new characters introduced for it that were fine, but I didn't like that they were just there for the plot. There were several fight scenes which were cool and had great action, but not what I wanted. I also didn't love how they used a certain character this time around. It also feels very different, in tone, and in other ways I don't know how to describe. Overall this isn't really "bad" it's just something that should have come out after the ring story was told, like a sequel, not something that should have happened while we're in the middle of telling a story. I'm not thinking this rating will change, and unless Return of the King is worse this is my least favorite. (I've never seen Game of Thrones, but I feel like it's probably something like this. Royal is a description I'd use for this. I think that's one of the different feelings I couldn't describe from above.)
November 26, 2016
The Two Towers is by no stretch of the imagination an underwhelming middle chapter. This is just as good as The Fellowship of the Ring, taking are characters in more complex situations and increasing the stakes for a film that keeps you engaged even in its quiet moments, and the pay-off in Helm's Deep is a one of a kind. Another Lord of the Rings masterpiece.
November 22, 2016
One of my favorites!
½ November 14, 2016
Gollum stole the show, and the film should've won best picture, but I kinda understand why it didn't! One gripe I have, however, is having the character Faramir nearly giving into the rings power. After that, making him take Frodo, Sam, and Gollum to Osgiliath, which was not in the book. As far as I'm concerned, the writers should have kept them in Ithilien, as was written in the original story! But still, this is a timeless sequel!
November 11, 2016
Best film of the trilogy,overall. I really liked the Ents. And everyone's performance is at their peak.
November 10, 2016
Probably my least favorite of the movies despite it being my favorite of the books. However, it was still much better than the book.
November 8, 2016
Two words: "Helm's Deep"
Greatest film battle EVER.

This trilogy is just too good for me to review. It transcends my ranking. There are no words for me to describe how much I love these films.
½ October 30, 2016
Harvinaisen pitkäveteinen leffa: kolme haukotuttavaa tuntia taistelua tai siihen valmistautumista. Tylsää dystopiaa. Sormuksen vienti ei juuri edisty. Fantasia ei ole meikäläisen juttu ylipäätään, ja tämä (klassikko kylläkin) ei kiinnostanut kirjanakaan, väkisin nuoruudessa kahlattu läpi. Tässä kakkososassa ei tapahdu mitään mielenkiintoista, ykkösosa vielä menettelikin. Booring.
October 30, 2016
The Two Towers manages to up the ante in every possible way. It's once again talented (and well-developed) cast of character, it's remarkable visual effects and an excellent score are just the tip of the iceberg. Peter Jackson has succesfully crafted a sequel that can wholly stand on it's own, but at the same time, leave it's viewers excited for what's still to come. Kudos to Andy Serkis for his excellent performance.
½ October 13, 2016
Quite significantly better than the first film. With the fellowship separated, war has begun, but Frodo and Sam are still alive and are that much closer to Mount Doom to destroy the One Ring. There are many good reason's one why this film was considered bigger and better. The battles were larger, it was practically one the main climaxes of the series, and the story is more in depth. Once again, the overall film was well crafted and well directed much like it's previous. The humor was also exceptionally better as well. Let us not forget the Ents also. They were also a good addition to this one, as they attacked one of the most main areas in the film: One of the two towers known as Isengard. The story continues...
October 10, 2016
fun adventure movie with the addition of a great character in Gollum. the final battle scene was epic (about 4 viewings)
September 27, 2016
This second installment is even better than the first! I remember feeling a genuine sense of awe and wonder when I first got to see Gollum and Treebeard come to life on the big screen. This movie really nurtures the imagination while at the same time offering an incredible amount of epic battles that will satisfy most movie fans. I love this movie.
September 19, 2016
Good, but not as good as the other two. Mind you, this is great. but you know what I mean. This is the one with the endless talking trees and that senile king. Ohhh boy. Oh yeah, and lots and lots of Gollum.
Rewatch notes: I either was too harsh on this or I liked this a lot better the second time around. Was a fun rewatch that's for sure.
½ September 12, 2016
best battle secne in a movie i think