The Lords of Salem Reviews

• Feb 15, 2021

Destined to become massive cult hit.

Destined to become massive cult hit.

• Nov 10, 2020

Creepy, disturbing, sick, the film manages to implement all the right tones to bring you're anxieties, and in the case of Rob Zombie it did not disappoint.

• Nov 03, 2020

Very definitely RZ! Lol. Enjoyable, though not scary. More a slightly gory, erotic tale of the Witches of Salem... Not one I'd watch again

• Oct 08, 2020

Not the best of his work, it pains me to see this movie released in the name of rob zombie, BUT this movie was just plain HORRIBLE

• Sep 30, 2020

I want to start off by saying, I do like Rob Zombie. Several of his films I am fond of as well as a lot of his music. I had no idea what this movie was. I am very familiar with Zombie's work and I usually know what to expect but this movie is a mess. Things I did like however, this film is shot beautifully. Rob Zombie definitely has a great eye and in every one of his movie the cinematography is spectacular. I totally bought into the look and feel of Salem. Had I not already known the history of the town of Salem, just by watching this movie, I get an eerie sense that things are not right. The problem with this movie are all the flashbacks. About half of the film is told in these flashback sequences with a group of elderly women shown in the nude. Where I have come to expect a huge amount of gore in Zombie's movies here is was mostly disgusting. The story made very little sense as Zombie abandoned what he does best and sets out to make an artsy film that just does not work and resulted in a boring movie. I was constantly checking the counter just eagerly waiting for the runtime to expire. Hardcore Rob Zombie fans may enjoy this one but for me, I cannot recommend it. I would pass this one, he has much better movies.

• Jul 29, 2020

One of the worst movies I have seen in a long time, Rob Zombie has made some bad ones but this pile takes the cake.

• Jun 28, 2020

god this movie is boring and weird and made no sense, other than the music its complete garbage . worst rob zombie movie ever and thats saying much. dont have your wife be a leading role she cant carry a movie

• Jun 17, 2020

Feels like Rob Zombie's version of The Omen or The Exorcist. Not a bad movie.

Feels like Rob Zombie's version of The Omen or The Exorcist. Not a bad movie.

• Mar 02, 2020

I'm a big fan of Rob Zombie's films but LOS is pretty awful.It starts out promising then takes a nose dive the satanic & cult like atmosphere felt forced and a bit over the top at times (ok,we get it All hail Satan bla bla bla 🙄) The plot was weak & Sherri's acting was sub par compared to her other films. This film felt like a really bad & confusing acid trip.

• Feb 07, 2020

Every now and then I find myself gravitating back to this film. There's just some quality to it that, despite its downfalls, pulls me in.