The Lost Coast - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lost Coast Reviews

½ February 6, 2015
Don't bother. If you're looking for something to do for 75 minutes I suggest watching paint dry or grass grow, it'll be more interesting than this movie.
November 21, 2012
I forgot how much more i love independent cinema as opposed to most of the gloss of major studio movies.
August 3, 2012
How I manages to stay awake during this movie is an absolute miracle! :(
½ July 4, 2012
To say nothing happens in The Lost Coast is incorrect. A fair amount happens, albeit it very slowly and without any real meaning. What would be correct to say is that this is an indie movie which feels very "insider-y," as if the events here were ripped from real life and transplanted onto the screen in a screenwriting class assignment. The film has the need to tell the audience what is going to happen next by showing one of the main characters writing an e-mail explaining the events of the night. It's slightly insulting, to be honest, even if it's just designed to show the passage of time. What is the endgame here? Is this supposed to change the relationship between the three main characters? We don't know because, I suspect, the film doesn't know either. It simply ends as a mish mash of scenes from one night in their lives. But I have to ask: who cares?
½ December 9, 2011
very dull and very boring.
June 1, 2011
I gave it two stars instead of one just because some of the acting was alright, pretty good photography, but, its not the actors fault, Im just not sure what the point of this film was. I, like another reviewer, kept waiting for something to happen, ...maybe that was the point of the film, I dont know, but the biggest problem is, I dont care. Above states that this movie is Scary, Understated however, it is not scary and less than understated. This is sort of like background music...if you just want to have something going in the background that doesnt require your attention while you do something else, then go for it.
October 6, 2010
this movie should be forever lost!
August 18, 2010
A magnificent picture that shows that a ridiculously low budget and shooting on video can indeed produce a visually unique and completely beautiful piece of art. ‚??The Lost Coast‚?? follows three reunited high school friends over one Halloween night as they wander the streets of San Francisco. The friends have unsettled stuff in their past and a tender note of tension carries the narrative until a breathtakingly beautiful resolution is reached.

Dreamlike, haunting and lyrical stuff. The flick is just completely filled with a certain permeating ambience that makes it feel like you're with the characters in the mysterious and possibley dangerous world of night. And that feeling sticks with you even after the film ends. This is how the very best movies work, and ‚??The Lost Coast‚?? reaches a level on which I dare say that it fulfills its duty perfectly.
½ June 13, 2010
Film Festival stuff which i love.....,
Good film and nice story !!
½ May 1, 2010
Dull meandering so called drama during which nothing much of note happens except the viewer glazes over with boredom. Watch something else.
September 20, 2009
½ September 13, 2009
Another one of those well meaning but also ver slow moving independent films. The acting is good, but the story takes too long to get going and never is exciting. Well developed characters, but just too bland for my taste.
April 9, 2009
A story set over Halloween night about three friends who finally have to confront the underlying tension that has been present since a fateful journey to the Lost Coast many years before.
½ March 27, 2009
I actually enjoyed the soundtrack very much and thought the scenes by the Lost Coast were the best.
½ November 30, 2008
Too Indie, too Frenchie, too pretentious, too liberating, too drifting, too unfocused, too self-indulgence, too lost.
½ November 4, 2008
poco budget, normal... tiene mérito, aunque el guión no brille por su calidad...
October 4, 2008
Starts out really strong, but unfortunately it goes downhill from there. A lot of meandering in the middle, and by the end, it really seems to have lost its way. The premise of the movie isn't bad, but just not executed well in the end as it could have been so much better.