The Lucky One - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lucky One Reviews

December 31, 2015
Hey! once again Zac Efron proves himself he can act! Not like his ex-girlfriend who's kinda struggle having career in Hollywood, Zac proves himself with some middle quality but deep drama and now he start in comedy movie too.. Based on Nicholas Sparks novel, of course this will be a perfect movie for the woman audience and I can't see a lot of reason why woman wouldn't like this movie.. But as a general audience, I think the story could have made a little better.. They could have a better script since the cast did a really good job here.. And for chemistry, Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling gave a quite chemistry even wasn't as memorable as Ryan Gosling-Rachel McAdams in 'The Notebook' or Channing Tatum-Amanda Seyfried in 'Dear John' so there's still a room for improvement.. But overall as a movie, 'The Lucky One' delivers a descent watch for general audience but might be one of a chick's favorite movie..
½ November 24, 2015
Chick flick! Predictable but loved it.
November 11, 2015
was ok my gf loved the book and the movie was ok
½ November 11, 2015
boooooring!!!! bad screenplay, bad acting, hated it
½ November 8, 2015
It takes a pretty good love story to get me interested, and this was good.
½ October 18, 2015
It's a 2-Star book (Nicholas Sparks) ... but the movie has to get 2.5 or 3 Stars just to be fair. It definitely is the best possible film given the treacle sweet material. As with the Notebook, where Ryan Gosling was given no range to play, but hit all his marks perfectly; so does Zach Efron here and earns leading man status in this and future romances.
October 16, 2015
kinda disappointed, still 3/5 for the soothing effects of a small town movie.
October 4, 2015
Well written play, and great actors. Amazing movie, teaches you lessons about life.
August 30, 2015
i really enjoyed it very much
August 26, 2015
Awsome fun movie. very sad.
August 16, 2015
I absolutely love this movie!!!
August 10, 2015
Watched with the lad! ­???­??╝­???
½ July 19, 2015
Just another good book butchered!
½ July 1, 2015
No habia otra cosa que ver en el avion y probe esta sabiendo ya lo que seria. Efron con su cara de ni˝ato no pega nada para este papel. Pero bueno la historia no es para actorees de primera
July 1, 2015
Why do I spend any moment of my life on movies like this???
May 25, 2015
Its not %100 boring, maybe %60 though.
May 17, 2015
have it but want to download it
April 23, 2015
Absolutely love this movie and I was not a Zac Efron fan prior. When I first saw this movie I thought Taylor Schilling looked a lot older than Zac but after seeing it multiple times I don't see it anymore and I'm incredibly impressed with Zac's acting. In fact there isn't much of an age gap in real life, Taylor just seems more mature. This is such a sweet movie, Logan is the perfect man. Always helping others and doing the right thing. And the way he interacts with Beth's grandma and son, Ben? Adorable! Throw in him standing up to Keith for Beth and how hot he is in this movie and you can't get much better. I think this is the most underrated Nicholas Sparks movie. Much better acting than his most recent movies. I love this just as much as The Notebook and A Walk to Remember. Not to mention this movie introduced me to the awesome Taylor Schilling pre OITNB. I'm glad she has a successful career now, well deserved.
April 16, 2015
Great movie, very moving romantic theme
March 20, 2015
A beautiful story with a bit of an emotional twist. Efron plays his character well.