The Lumber Baron Reviews

• Aug 13, 2019

Super fresh! Amazing movie - a MUST watch!

Super fresh! Amazing movie - a MUST watch!

• Jun 30, 2019

Excellent story! Great scenery. Not sure why it was rated R on Amazon? Definity a family-friendly movie.

• Jun 05, 2019

I enjoyed the interesting cast of characters. It was nice to see the movie was filmed in several local settings. It was a good film especially considering the low budget. I would recommend it to anyone with an interest in local history. There were several plot twists that have inspired me to want to do some historical research to find out if any of it is factual. Some of the logging scenes we're a bit excessive therefore I didn't award 5 stars.

• Jun 01, 2019

Beautiful, authentic locations transport you back in time. Stunning sets and costumes are a delightful feast for the eyes. The musical score captivates and draws the audience into every scene. The story is beautifully and intelligently written and the entire film is presented with elegance and class. A genuine work of art and a breath of fresh air on the big screen. An absolute must see!

• May 31, 2019

This is a feel good movie. It won't disappoint. In this day and age, we need more movies that gives us hope.

• May 30, 2019

I thought it achieved everything it was hoping to achieve. However, I believe the promotion of this film steers the audience in a different direction. Too bad it isn't more available to the midwest.

• May 30, 2019

The stunning score and beautiful visual storytelling bring this historic story to life.

• May 30, 2019

It was a great movie! It is nice to go to a movie that has history behind it and that it was in the Chippewa Valley! The Lumber Baron movie was put together with a great cast and crew and produced by a very remarkable woman - Karen Hurd. I had the opportunity to go to the movie twice and I'd go to it again. This is a movie that shouldn't be missed! Great job everyone!

• May 30, 2019

I love stories where down-and-out individuals somehow find a path back to success. "The Verdict" and "The Hustler" come to mind, two of my all-time favorites."Lumber Baron" has a related theme. The cinematography, costumes, and musical score are excellent - they set a mood and ambiance that makes me feel as if I've been there. This is a good, uplifting story about adversity and perseverance. It's great entertainment for everyone, including (and especially) families.

• May 29, 2019

Must see. I love this movie!

Must see. I love this movie!