The Magic of Belle Isle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Magic of Belle Isle Reviews

½ March 17, 2014
Freeman is his usual superb self and does a great job of developing his character. It is a wonderfully heartwarming story about friendship, renewal, and love.
February 28, 2014
Charming love story.
½ February 23, 2014
Much better than it ought to have been.
February 19, 2014
People do not search for real life in a movie. They look to find a haven from there problems. They do not need reality.
Many critics say this movie is predictable and unrealistic but who cares. This movie is funny and by the end of it you will feel generally happy.
February 16, 2014
Sweet tale of second chances. You must listen to understand and discover.
February 10, 2014
I really really enjoyed the movie. Watched it Netflix via Roku. I'd give it a 5 stars.Wish there were more movies that provided a happy feel. Characters were well developed.
½ February 8, 2014
Review:
How can anyone say anything bad about a heart warming movie with Morgan Freeman playing the lead? I saw this movie some time ago on Sky so I knew what to expect. Although I knew the whole storyline, I still found it quite entertaining I enjoyed watching the softer side to Morgan Freeman, even though he is playing a miserable git. All of the actors put in believable performances, and the storyline is well put together by the director. It's good that people are still making movies that rely on a great storyline and a good cast. Enjoyable!

Round-Up:
This movie definitely deserved a bigger gross. Morgan Freeman played his part extremely well and it really does show that he is in a league of his own. No one can play roles like these, as well as Morgan, which is why people always have him on the top of there list when it comes to movies in this category. Anyway, it's not the type of movie that will blow you away or watch time and time again, but if your in the right mood, you can't help but feel touched by this touching drama.

Budget: N/A
Worldwide Gross: $102,000 (Terrible)

I recommend this movie to people who are into there witty dramas about a grumpy old man becoming friends with a fatherless family. 5/10
February 4, 2014
never stop looking for what is not there!
February 1, 2014
Rotten Tomatoes is absolutely the WORST Site for ratings of anything offered,If you want to see a good rating on a movie decide on the opposite of what all these so called "Critics" evaluate on movies. If there are no gun scences, sex, or violence it is a bad movie to these so called experts. This is a great family movie that I loved and Morgan Freeman is the best actor Hollywood has to offer, If you want to see the Seedy part of life and walk away depressed than go watch Your Wolf of Wall Street type movies that get the 4 and 5 Star ratings.
December 31, 2013
La peli no me gusto,me parecio muy pesada,no la recomiendo,mucho diálogo,sin sentido
4/10
½ December 29, 2013
Sweet movie about the rebirth of a writer.
December 24, 2013
pretty easy for the eyes movie about a retired western novelist who rents a beach house for the summer and befriends the neighbor's daughters and other unusual neighbors and how the friendships grows through it all. Nd how one little girl inspires the writer to get back to writing.
November 14, 2013
A lovely movie.. charming laid back story line.. "All you need is people who believe in you"... :)
½ November 4, 2013
Morgan Freeman is once again extraordinary in this inspirational film.
September 22, 2013
A beautiful story, a love story ... time was not watching movies so good! Watch it!
½ August 17, 2013
Puede resultar muy dulce pero no por ello resulta menos bonita la historia
August 6, 2013
Good movie. Well written and easy to follow.
½ July 27, 2013
A wonderful feel-good tale with a script chockfull of dialogue seemingly tailor-made to provide Morgan Freeman's fans with the privilege of experiencing his amazing talent in all his regal splendor!
July 26, 2013
A beautiful movie that touches on a magic that is lacking in the modern, cynical heart. For those of us who still believe in the power of dreams, imagination, and love, it is a sweet balm in world full of the desensitized, disconnected, and disbelieving.
July 13, 2013
Underrated. Freeman is really good in this.