The Magic of Belle Isle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Magic of Belle Isle Reviews

½ July 8, 2014
I love Morgan Freeman in this. Such a cool character. The story is simple, but the he really carries it.
½ June 5, 2014
Entrañable historia en la que un escritor de westerns alcohólico y sin muchas ideas para plasmar en la página, se muda a Belle Isle por un verano a "cuidar" la casa del patrón de su sobrino y es ahí donde volverá a encontrar la inspiración justo en la casa de al lado. Emma Fuhrmann, Nicolette Pierini y por supuesto Morgan Freeman destacan por sus actuaciones.
May 5, 2014
Never stop looking for what's not there.

Monty Wildhorn is an old western author that doesn't have much ambition towards writing or life in general. He agrees to dog sit over a summer on a small island where he'll be left alone so he can drink himself to death...or begin writing again. A woman in the process of getting a divorce lives down the street with her three daughters. The three daughters inspire the man and in return he inspires them.

"What's he yelling at?"
"Life."

Rob Reiner, director of The Bucket List, A Few Good Men, North, Misery, Ghosts of Mississippi, Stand by Me, This is Spinal Tap, The Princess Bride, and When Harry Met Sally, delivers The Magic of Belle Isle. The storyline for this picture is actually very entertaining and contains wonderful characters and a well written script. The cast delivers awesome performances and includes Morgan Freeman, Virginia Madsen, Kenan Thompson, Fred Willard, Madeline Carroll, and Emma Fuhrmann.

"Sometimes I want to pull my pants down."
"Join the club."

I actually started watching this a couple years ago at my dad's house around Christmas and thought it looked interesting. This was definitely better than I anticipated and I found this a fun film to watch unfold. I found myself lost in the characters and the ultimate direction of the story. Overall, this is a very good movie about imagination and the beauty of youth. I strongly recommend seeing this movie and it is borderline worth adding to your DVD collection.

"I don't believe in last chances. I've had too many of them."

Grade: B
½ April 18, 2014
En lågmäld, söt och oskyldig liten bagatell till feelgood-familjedrama, regisserad utav samma kille som gjorde The Bucket List. Sevärd mycket tack vare en alltid lika karismatisk och charmerande Morgan Freeman. Lite småmysig sådär.
April 16, 2014
It's definitely schmaltzy, but damn it, sometimes you just need a feel good corny movie. Loved it.
April 10, 2014
I loved seeing a good, clean family movie for a change. It was so sweet!
½ March 17, 2014
Freeman is his usual superb self and does a great job of developing his character. It is a wonderfully heartwarming story about friendship, renewal, and love.
February 28, 2014
Charming love story.
½ February 23, 2014
Much better than it ought to have been.
February 19, 2014
People do not search for real life in a movie. They look to find a haven from there problems. They do not need reality.
Many critics say this movie is predictable and unrealistic but who cares. This movie is funny and by the end of it you will feel generally happy.
February 16, 2014
Sweet tale of second chances. You must listen to understand and discover.
February 10, 2014
I really really enjoyed the movie. Watched it Netflix via Roku. I'd give it a 5 stars.Wish there were more movies that provided a happy feel. Characters were well developed.
½ February 8, 2014
Review:
How can anyone say anything bad about a heart warming movie with Morgan Freeman playing the lead? I saw this movie some time ago on Sky so I knew what to expect. Although I knew the whole storyline, I still found it quite entertaining I enjoyed watching the softer side to Morgan Freeman, even though he is playing a miserable git. All of the actors put in believable performances, and the storyline is well put together by the director. It's good that people are still making movies that rely on a great storyline and a good cast. Enjoyable!

Round-Up:
This movie definitely deserved a bigger gross. Morgan Freeman played his part extremely well and it really does show that he is in a league of his own. No one can play roles like these, as well as Morgan, which is why people always have him on the top of there list when it comes to movies in this category. Anyway, it's not the type of movie that will blow you away or watch time and time again, but if your in the right mood, you can't help but feel touched by this touching drama.

Budget: N/A
Worldwide Gross: $102,000 (Terrible)

I recommend this movie to people who are into there witty dramas about a grumpy old man becoming friends with a fatherless family. 5/10
February 4, 2014
never stop looking for what is not there!
February 1, 2014
Rotten Tomatoes is absolutely the WORST Site for ratings of anything offered,If you want to see a good rating on a movie decide on the opposite of what all these so called "Critics" evaluate on movies. If there are no gun scences, sex, or violence it is a bad movie to these so called experts. This is a great family movie that I loved and Morgan Freeman is the best actor Hollywood has to offer, If you want to see the Seedy part of life and walk away depressed than go watch Your Wolf of Wall Street type movies that get the 4 and 5 Star ratings.
December 31, 2013
La peli no me gusto,me parecio muy pesada,no la recomiendo,mucho diálogo,sin sentido
4/10
½ December 29, 2013
Sweet movie about the rebirth of a writer.
December 24, 2013
pretty easy for the eyes movie about a retired western novelist who rents a beach house for the summer and befriends the neighbor's daughters and other unusual neighbors and how the friendships grows through it all. Nd how one little girl inspires the writer to get back to writing.
November 14, 2013
A lovely movie.. charming laid back story line.. "All you need is people who believe in you"... :)
½ November 4, 2013
Morgan Freeman is once again extraordinary in this inspirational film.