The Magic of Belle Isle Reviews

• 8h ago

It's a nice family movie. The writing is better than most movies of this type. Nobody dies, nobody gets hurt,. People just go through how to relate to each other.

• 4d ago

Do you people have no heart? This is a mine goes to 11 film. Beautifully acted by each and every cast member.

• Jun 19, 2020

For once a mega star is in a movie that actually has a fantastic feel good ending! It has seemed to me that in order to get high accolades, a movie has to leave you with angst and/or a sour taste in your mouth. The directing & acting WAS/IS superb in this movie! The subtleties are amazing! If all you want is intrigue, blood, guts & action (and, admittedly I DO enjoy those as well), just keep looking. If you are capable of deep connection & enjoying subtle but powerful nuance... this is your movie! This is one to be watch again!

• May 15, 2020

It's a good movie, don't let the reviews fool you. It's just a feel good movie, the reviews are harsh, make you own decision.

• May 01, 2020

I've seen far worse films than this sweet little Rob Reiner family fantasy that got far higher Rotten Tomato critical ratings....Look...it's got Morgan Freeman playing a grouchy , bitter old failed writer with a hidden heart of gold, it's got gorgeous outdoor small town settings ,a lovable older Labrador Retriever. a precocious young girl slowing worming her way into Morgan's closed -down emotions, a winsome-looking single mom of 50 (who certainly doesn't look her age , and it's got Bob Reiner trying to sell "the American Dream" while we all all going the present American Nightmare of watching an unhinged "President" tearing to pieces the very fabric of what this country used to stand for ...With many of us now on "lock down" for the foreseeable future, this film could be a welcome escape from today's "reality" if nothing else ...

• May 13, 2019

Flat-out excellent film all things said. A bit of a slow cooker, but, god dang, Freeman is so effortlessly powerful in this film. The whole movie has a feeling of peace,not just for the redemption of the characters, but also for the viewer. Dare I say, this movie is therapeutic. Such a fine watch. Great for anyone, and family-friendly overall. I watch this flick every 4-6 months just to relax. Cinematic beauty. Bravo. I can't believe the 62% audience score, as I have shown this to multiple friends who were more than impressed with this movie.

• Apr 10, 2018

this movie was great! Morgan freeman is always 100% the character. It was sweet and moving and I loved it.

• Jan 01, 2018

It's sweet and all, but I just couldn't get into it.

It's sweet and all, but I just couldn't get into it.

• Nov 25, 2017

Excellent movie. So real, yet so introspective. While there is a lot of denial in the movie emotionally, still it's a good story. Key elements of denial: Monté going cold turkey off of alcohol w/o any symptoms, Charlotte going through the divorce putting on a nice face, shining everyone on while her marriage is being destroyed by divorce; the daughters moving on through and on after the divorce with narry a tear shed. Reiner could have gone a little bit farther with allowing the emotional pain to be seen. He did do this with Monté but just didn't go far enough. Still the movie was a sweet movie. Oddly, the husband and father is never seen in the movie... I would consider that a bit of man-father-husband bashing... on the other hand, he didn't even show at the birthday party. We can only surmise that it hurts too much to see those he loves while he is emotionally disintegrating because of the upcoming divorce. Oddly, Charlotte returns from NYC after working with lawyers with narry a tear for what has just been lost.... we just don't know the backstory so we are left to wonder.... regardless, I enjoyed the movie because it connected with my own suffering in divorce, remarriage and widowhood...

• Jul 27, 2017

As expected from a film directed by Rob Reiner with charm and Morgan Freeman performing as a source for good-natured inspiration with some heart and humor, it's enjoyable despite some little melodrama being hidden behind exposing peeks. (B) (Full review TBD)