The Magic Pill Reviews

• Mar 07, 2020

Yes, I believe the overweight people who switched to a keto diet lost weight and stopped having to take diabetes medicine is true. No doubt. That why I’m not giving it 1 star. They even focus a little bit on Dr. Jason Fung. But that’s the problem. They only focused a little on him. It is a better investment of your time and more entertaining to watch his talks on YouTube than sit through this poorly constructed movie. They interview a former vegan on the movie. She said she was a vegan until she found out they had to use blood meal to feed the plants we eat, and the use of pesticides kill the insects. So the best way is to let the cows eat the grass naturally so we don’t use pesticides to kill the insects and then we can kill the cow and eat it. Okay...so was this here to say that even vegans say it’s okay to kill cows because killing its better than killing insects? Is that her argument? Or an argument for the movie? Crappy. This could have been done a lot better. It doesn’t deserve to be on Netflix. Or maybe Netflix sucks.

• Sep 13, 2019

Bizarre confection, totally out of kilter with nutrition thinking in the civilised world. Feels like an ad for the meat industry, maybe it is...none of it made any sense and nobody (of course) was there to offer an alternative view. Atkins on steroids? Not for me thanks! Best thing about it was the music...by a long way!!

• Aug 04, 2019

I liked the movie. I think we need much more research into the benefits of high fat vs high carb diet on health.

• Apr 29, 2019

4.29.19 NF w/Sh

4.29.19 NF w/Sh

• Jan 31, 2019

A pretty convincing documentary re the benefits of forgoing processed foods and current agro practises in favour of the "caveman diet" aka ketogenic diet. High in (the right, natural) fats and low in carbs. I'm always weary of a documentary that goes so far as saying it cured a woman's cancer and cured another's diabetes because usually there are quite a number of other factors that led to the supposed conclusion, but I've read up enough on keto that even if it doesn't cure diseases, it's very healthy for the human body and is a great healthy way to lose weight.

• Jul 03, 2018

I started the ketogenic lifestyle prior to seeing this documentary. The number of respected experts in the field and the antecdotal details plus my own experiences make this documentary truly worth watching to me. Well done. It's about time!

• Jun 07, 2018

So eye opening for our diabetes and obesity epidemic

So eye opening for our diabetes and obesity epidemic

• Apr 29, 2018

I found this a fascinating and informative documentary. For the last 2 years I have been eating this way and at 54 years of age have never felt better. Results speak for themselves. It makes sense that if it's processed, it's not proper, whole food. Also people are getting sicker and sicker. People are getting fatter and fatter. Just look at the majority of hospital food and we know that the cornflakes and toast and sandwiches being served to type 2 diabetics in hospital is making them sick. Yes they may not be given jam for the toast or sugar on top of their cornflakes, look at how our body metabolises the refined carbohydrates in the cornflakes and bread. Well I suppose we just up that metformin in or insulin, rather than help people make informed choices. In this documentary we are given a tool. It is to take control of our health, diet, future health. Oh dear I suppose nobody makes any money out of this. I loved this documentary.

• Apr 28, 2018

Definitely worth the time to watch this. It will make you really think about what you eat and why.

• Apr 26, 2018

Makes some pretty significant claims, but I can attest that this approach to eating will make you feel and look healthier. Do your own research and make your own informed decisions, but this lifestyle changed my life.