The Man From Down Under Reviews

• Apr 29, 2016

well crafted rom-dram

well crafted rom-dram

• Jul 08, 2015

A feel good Australian boxing movie mixed in with a WWI plot.

A feel good Australian boxing movie mixed in with a WWI plot.

• Daniel P Super Reviewer
    Aug 11, 2008

A decent old movie featuring a great performance by Charles Laughton, one that makes you think a little: while it's not a great movie by any stretch, this film is grand in its own way, as all films from this period seem to be... even when they're terrible they're still enthralling. This one I caught by surprise when I tuned in to TCM for Stagecoach, and the last minute schedule change wasn't all bad... I doubt I'd consciously pay money to see it, but it was at the very least a decent examination of the period between the two World Wars... with some campy bad Australian accents, to boot!