Reviews

• Aug 06, 2021

A beautiful movie, beautifully cast. If you are old as I am it makes brutal and poignant sense.

• Jul 28, 2021

This is the most bizarre movie I've ever seen.

This is the most bizarre movie I've ever seen.

• Jul 02, 2021

Usually a movie that turns out to be as badly written, badly acted, badly paced and badly presented as this is easy to spot in the first 10-15 minutes. This one has just enough to keep you going, hoping beyond hope that they must do something right, even if it is by accident, but is just keeps on doing lame shit until it finally just drizzles out at the end.

• Jun 17, 2021

This movie has a great story line and then out gets rediculous before it goes back to being good. The rediculous part in this movie can not be unseen. It's hilarious. Me and my husband laughed until we cried because bigfoot is tough and hilarious looking.

• May 05, 2021

6.5/10. With a name like 'The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot' I was expecting a tongue-in-check, low-budget comedy. It certainly was not that. It was instead a somber character study that spurns the gravity of its title and serves as a reflection on longing and loneliness. Sam Elliot is excellent as the titular lead - he lends great depth to the ornery old shut in, bringing to life a character whose broken soul, betrayed by misty - but never flowing - eyes and a quivering jowl, is matched by a strength of character and determination that earns sympathize for a man who'd never ask for it. The quality of the directing and filming suggests that newcomer Robert D. Krzykowski has quite some talent. It's unfortunate that the screenplay never really brings these elements together in as satisfying way as it could have - the intentional relegation of it's strongest plot points to mere footnotes leaves the audience wondering why they were even included in the first place except to grab the attention of those looking for something to stream. A movie with a title like this should have a pulse to compliment Elliot's top notch character work, not rely on him entirely for that pulse.

• Apr 13, 2021

An experience more dramatic than i expected. With a good performance of both Aidan Turner and Sam Elliot. The part of Hitler is better than the one of bigfoot. But still i don't know if this is a movie that takes to seriously or not too seriously.

• Apr 11, 2021

This turned out to be nothing like I expected, despite the inherent nature of the multiple spoilers in the title. Due to this title I was expecting a quirky and campy action flick and was instead shown a sensitive portrait of a forgotten man as he ages, with Sam Elliott embodying this well suited role.

• Mar 21, 2021

I went into this movie doubtful of it's label of "drama" as shown on the streaming service. This movie is serious through and through to it's bitter end. In the end when he finally got the rock out of his shoe I got chills down my spine. A real theatrical masterpiece that serves to comfort those dealing with loss, while reminding the viewer that there will always be a tomorrow. The takeaway is that everyone "deals" with things at a pace that suits them.

• Mar 21, 2021

Sam Elliott has a great role here and the non-linear structure that flip flops between World War 2 and the modern day certainly serves the premise but this film needed a writer/director with different sensibilities. The impact and resolution should be much stronger given the tragedy and misfortune the main character endured.

• Mar 12, 2021

This film is really very nice and much more serious than I expected, entertaining from start to finish and full of hidden meanings that you can interpret.