The Man Who Knew Infinity Reviews

• Jun 18, 2019

This man, S Ramanujan, is nothing short of a divine genius.

This man, S Ramanujan, is nothing short of a divine genius.

• Apr 27, 2019

Each subject in a form of a significant figure let the individuality and the resulted definitive success be narratively explored and find the right casting to nicely performed and represent the period as accurate as it is depicted as reliably backup engines if the direction lost the individual footing, which is pretty much how this film entered the conventionally dramatic treatment while exploring the periodic ideas at the time seemingly as the secondary focus despite being the motivating factor. (B) (Full review TBD)

• Apr 18, 2019

Il film e' ben fatto e ben diretto, con una sceneggiatura concreta ma convenzionale ed una regia che senza brillare offre un'esperienza positiva. Grande sintonia tra la coppia di protagonisti, che svolge un buon lavoro nel proporre una semi-biografia di una figura che in pochi conoscono e che merita assolutamente una degna trasposizione cinematografica.

• Apr 13, 2019

Beautiful film, beautifully done! Sad to see that people can be so cruel and so ignorant and still are today! Great film, love Dev Patel and Jeremy Irons never disappoints.

• Feb 05, 2019

Uninteresting will be to see a biographical drama on Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan who complied 3,900 novel mathematical results constructed on a conventional crowd-pleaser formula with gaping irresolution.

• Jan 17, 2019

Terribly inaccurate in terms of who Ramanujan was and what he has done.

Terribly inaccurate in terms of who Ramanujan was and what he has done.

• Jan 09, 2019

Once in a life time comes a movie... The ability of Dev and Devika to step 100 years back in time, and portray the characters is OUTSTANDING! Jermey as professor Hardy and Toby as Littlewood are fantastic! Must see!

• Dec 20, 2018

I watched this alone. It moved me to tears and uncontrollable sobs. Dev Patelâ(TM)s performance is unforgetable. I streamed it, but knowing it wonâ(TM)t be available always, I immediately bought the video. I will watch it frequently because itâ(TM)s impossible to resist this physical rush from any other film IMHO.

• Nov 03, 2018

If you found it interesting Hardy's view of the mathematical world and the rigour he asked Ramanujan to have. I highly recommend you read is book " A Mathematician's Apology" it is said to be one of the best books for people who are not mathematicians to better understand the mathematical world. Overall the book gives a better view of this movie and how much Hardy influenced the world and Cambridge and some of the dialogue with other Fellow's. This movie gives and excellent view of the life that there was in Cambridge back in that time which made many people go to Oxford (Hardy being one of them). The movie goes in slow pace which in my view it is correct because in the academic world some thing will take a lot of time just to prove a small thing or even a big one and how hard it was for Ramanujan to be accepted in the academic life being he a genius of his own right but people found his potencial very late in life unlike some of the examples they give along the movie like Newton or Jacobi or Euler.For students who love mathematics and they are thinking in following a math carrer this movie gives a tiny view of the rigorous world it is in mathematics.

• Jul 24, 2018

I waited if it will offer something I haven't seen but that feeling of "I've seen this before" is so overwhelming that it I actually waited in vain. Dev Patel is great tho.