The Man With the Golden Arm Reviews

• May 01, 2019

7.5/10. 4-30-2019

7.5/10. 4-30-2019

• Feb 01, 2019

The best movie score ever composed!

The best movie score ever composed!

• May 20, 2018

This film has a lot of good things going on. Let's have a rundown: Frank Sinatra playing the lead character - good. Art direction - good. Music score - good. Characters and character interactions - good. It's so disappointing that the film starts on such a promising high only for it to spiral downward into slow derivative melodrama by the end. Overall, the film's good qualities are enough to make it a passable experience, but man is it a disappointment.

• Dec 22, 2017

I have a vhs copy love frank

I have a vhs copy love frank

• Jul 16, 2017

Maybe the best movie over addiction ever shot.

Maybe the best movie over addiction ever shot.

• Apr 25, 2017

Excellently acted movie, well-directed by Otto Preminger, but very dark, about a good musician who is trying to get off of heroin, but whose environment keeps tempting him back to it. The jazzy music throughout, by Shorty Rogers, is outstanding in its own right, and listening to it now evokes the ups and downs of the main character. If I had to live on a desert island, etc., this would be one I'd want to have with me.

• Feb 04, 2017

A signature performance from Frank Sinatra as a drug addict musician trying to make good.

• Dec 30, 2016

Edgy as hell for 1955, about an ex-junkie relapsing, murder, and suicide. I never thought Sinatra could act until I saw his complex performance in this,

• Mar 13, 2016

Blatant drug usage mixed with a sympathetic view of it's addicts makes for an interesting '55 film. I love young Sinatra in films where he plays a kind of weak guy- he's so much more believable as the weak drug slave than as a man-about-town type of rolls he takes later on. An interesting film with some interesting characters, though it never really lives up to the stylized opening/title.

• Feb 13, 2016

Intenso Frank Sinatra en el papel de un musico drogadicto que debe batallar contra sus demonios. El score de jazz es genial.