The Man With the Iron Fists - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Man With the Iron Fists Reviews

April 5, 2018
Some funny parts and cool fight scenes and set pieces but the story was shit and it was surprisingly boring.
November 28, 2017
it was good but not great and is not that terrible is just a fun martial arts movie to enjoy that's what it is
½ August 11, 2017
It was, OK, but no need to ever watch it a second time.
½ August 5, 2017
fun different movie. a style i seem to like. this movie is very flawed. but i still enjoyed it. very strange and weird in ways that are pleasing to me. the biggest flaw with the movie is that the main title character is the least interesting with the worst acting. if you don't question stuff you can have a great time with this movie (2 viewings)
July 1, 2017
Super fun film with pretty good story telling. This is not like Jet Li's Fearless or The Last Samurai. This movie is simply fun and entertaining.
April 24, 2017
I heard this movie was horrible so I never watched it. I decided to watch it recently. Was I pleasantly surprised? ABSOLUTELY!! I'm a martial artist and hip hop fan. This movie was great.
March 24, 2017
Normally totally not my kind of movie for me , but this i could handle !
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 27, 2016
From a critical standpoint, this was a awful movie. But from a relaxed perspective, this was an incredibly fun movie. And you can tell that some of the actors had a blast making.
½ October 24, 2016
Literally fell asleep while watching this.
August 22, 2016
Yeah, so this was totally bizarro. It reminded me of the bad kung fu movies we'd watch as kids. That was the point, I'm sure.
From a plot or character perspective it's pretty bad, which is not surprising. I didn't go in expecting great writing.
The fights, which are pretty much the point of a movie like this, are entertaining, but not as good as I was hoping for.
Overall it was mediocre. I don't regret watching, t, though, so there's that.
August 5, 2016
26% a Suicide Squad y 49% ésta, sus criticas son pésimas.
jamrcla
July 28, 2016
With such a strong cast this film should of been much better, The plot was simple but over complicated, The action was good but very OTT but very gory too, The acting wasn't great but Russell Crowe makes this film watchable, A kung fu movie with a hip hop soundtrack didn't work and made the film feel cheap, RZA should stick to music as he can't act or direct and does not fit in this movie one bit, Overall it's ok action may just be enough to entertain but everything else fails miserably.
July 14, 2016
Five stars hands down! If your a true fan of the arts no way you dislike this one! Go see it!
½ April 4, 2016
Waste of an hour and a half. Don't even bother turning the tv on
½ February 2, 2016
A 'watchable' homage to old school, low budget Asian martial arts movies, although they sort of miss the point by adding lots of special effects.

Also, it's not so much a story as it is a random collection of action scenes, but the cast is obviously all having a good time, and it's still a good source of fun, just as long as you don't take it seriously.
January 20, 2016
Loved it, especially Russell Crowe this movie is completely underrated
January 4, 2016
loved this. rza is my homeboy. now i need to watch the second one
½ December 24, 2015
The fights are poorly executed and the story is all over the place. The best parts are Russell Crowe and Rick Yune and that isn't enough to justify the running time. The movie is full of storyline holes and lacks any real impact, the villains are just boring.
December 8, 2015
The pinnacle of stupid fun. The plot is...was there one? Something regarding vengeance and standard martial arts stuff. Honestly when it starts going into plot, the movie drags to a halt and becomes profoundly dull. I had virtually no investment in any of the characters and most of the acting is poor at best. When the action starts up though, it's a lot of fun. I loved the unrelentingly R-rated action, and the ridiculous creativity of all of it. Is it a great movie? Hell no, it's hardly even a good one, but it is a lot of fun.