The Man With the Iron Fists - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Man With the Iron Fists Reviews

½ August 11, 2017
It was, OK, but no need to ever watch it a second time.
½ August 5, 2017
fun different movie. a style i seem to like. this movie is very flawed. but i still enjoyed it. very strange and weird in ways that are pleasing to me. the biggest flaw with the movie is that the main title character is the least interesting with the worst acting. if you don't question stuff you can have a great time with this movie (2 viewings)
July 1, 2017
Super fun film with pretty good story telling. This is not like Jet Li's Fearless or The Last Samurai. This movie is simply fun and entertaining.
April 24, 2017
I heard this movie was horrible so I never watched it. I decided to watch it recently. Was I pleasantly surprised? ABSOLUTELY!! I'm a martial artist and hip hop fan. This movie was great.
March 24, 2017
Normally totally not my kind of movie for me , but this i could handle !
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 27, 2016
From a critical standpoint, this was a awful movie. But from a relaxed perspective, this was an incredibly fun movie. And you can tell that some of the actors had a blast making.
½ October 24, 2016
Literally fell asleep while watching this.
August 22, 2016
Yeah, so this was totally bizarro. It reminded me of the bad kung fu movies we'd watch as kids. That was the point, I'm sure.
From a plot or character perspective it's pretty bad, which is not surprising. I didn't go in expecting great writing.
The fights, which are pretty much the point of a movie like this, are entertaining, but not as good as I was hoping for.
Overall it was mediocre. I don't regret watching, t, though, so there's that.
August 5, 2016
26% a Suicide Squad y 49% ésta, sus criticas son pésimas.
jamrcla
July 28, 2016
With such a strong cast this film should of been much better, The plot was simple but over complicated, The action was good but very OTT but very gory too, The acting wasn't great but Russell Crowe makes this film watchable, A kung fu movie with a hip hop soundtrack didn't work and made the film feel cheap, RZA should stick to music as he can't act or direct and does not fit in this movie one bit, Overall it's ok action may just be enough to entertain but everything else fails miserably.
July 14, 2016
Five stars hands down! If your a true fan of the arts no way you dislike this one! Go see it!
½ April 4, 2016
Waste of an hour and a half. Don't even bother turning the tv on
½ February 2, 2016
A 'watchable' homage to old school, low budget Asian martial arts movies, although they sort of miss the point by adding lots of special effects.

Also, it's not so much a story as it is a random collection of action scenes, but the cast is obviously all having a good time, and it's still a good source of fun, just as long as you don't take it seriously.
January 20, 2016
Loved it, especially Russell Crowe this movie is completely underrated
January 4, 2016
loved this. rza is my homeboy. now i need to watch the second one
½ December 24, 2015
The fights are poorly executed and the story is all over the place. The best parts are Russell Crowe and Rick Yune and that isn't enough to justify the running time. The movie is full of storyline holes and lacks any real impact, the villains are just boring.
December 8, 2015
The pinnacle of stupid fun. The plot is...was there one? Something regarding vengeance and standard martial arts stuff. Honestly when it starts going into plot, the movie drags to a halt and becomes profoundly dull. I had virtually no investment in any of the characters and most of the acting is poor at best. When the action starts up though, it's a lot of fun. I loved the unrelentingly R-rated action, and the ridiculous creativity of all of it. Is it a great movie? Hell no, it's hardly even a good one, but it is a lot of fun.
October 9, 2015
Can't remember this at all, but clearly I need to see it again, because it sounds awesome.
October 1, 2015
An overly ambitious mess but overall fun to watch. Incredible effort was put into the set design and really great ideas in terms of choreography, visuals and characters. This was indeed a labour of love and although I appreciated the thought there were elements that really annoyed me. The hip hop flavour did absolutely nothing for the film. It detracted from it.

I don't mind wire-fu but if the laws of physics are to be defied at least complete the illusion. Weak point of impact, unbalanced cause and effect and unnatural body positioning made scenes, especially the opening, seem much less exciting. If one is to enjoy a Kung Fu movie at least get the fight scenes right. There were saving graces though such as the battle in the brothel.

I also think RZA should work harder on perfecting his skills as a film maker, put his ego aside and take himself out of acting. He's TERRIBLE! His dumb, emotionless looking mug was the tipping point for me. To put himself in the lead and have absolutely zero charisma is the worst decision he could have made. Even as a humble, downtrodden blacksmith you've got to have a little spark.

On the other hand, I'm glad Bautista is getting some good parts. He's very likeable, delivers his lines naturally and has potential to be a real actor.

This could have been an awesome flick! To use the excuse that it's his first attempt is crap. There was so much good, someone had to know what they were doing. It was simply a few bad choices, ego and laziness that failed this movie. So disappointing.