The Man without Gravity (L'uomo senza gravità) Reviews

• 15h ago

Many times I felt the same elation as watching the magic of AMELIE, DELICATESSEN or CITY OF LOST CHILDREN. Where this film fell short for me was with a couple, not all, of its subplots and secondary characters. As much as I adore the adult lead actor, at times I felt like I was watching Cirque du Soleil -- his expression was huge and theatrical. Sometimes I went with it, other times something more subtle would have been appreciated.

• Dec 28, 2019

One of the best fairy tale that i've seen in my life...

One of the best fairy tale that i've seen in my life...

• Dec 27, 2019

I still think it's really good and I like it a lot. cute :)

I still think it's really good and I like it a lot. cute :)

• Dec 27, 2019

Took me away from where I am. Gave me an hour and 47 minutes to escape, completely, from my own life. Not too many movies can do that. This isn't always a feel good movie, but you're able to finish it feeling good. It's Cathartic.

• Dec 27, 2019

I love very much this movie!

I love very much this movie!

• Dec 22, 2019

More like 'the movie without gravity.' No real story here. No point. Utterly ridiculous nonsense masquerading as a charming indie film.

• Nov 22, 2019

It's a modern fairy tale with magic realism style. Beautiful

It's a modern fairy tale with magic realism style. Beautiful

• Nov 22, 2019

A great way to waste an hour and a half.

A great way to waste an hour and a half.

• Nov 11, 2019

They had several opportunities to end it on a dramatic note that would have been redeeming. But it still wouldn't have saved the movie from the vast amount of holes in it. A few symbolic things were a nice change. Passed the time anyway.

• Nov 10, 2019

This movie is about, well, a man without gravity, who dreams about being famous for being able to float, who is willing to help people unlike him and share his thoughts and feelings about how to think's about his ability to float into the air with low gravity. I think that this film has a more serious way of looking into the struggles of being famous for doing a certain thing that everybody admires him for. Now, this is where the movie's strengths truly shine, it is to tell the audience that fame is not always a desirable thing to have. Especially when most of the time you are not allowed to do what you think is correct, or desire, like for example the main character named oscar is unable to express his thoughts about his mesmerising ability to fly even when he is at the peak of his fame, this is due to the book writer, who is helping him in writing a book base on Oscar's life story whom is wanting to add things about Oscar's life that is either misinterpreted or false . Thus Oscar himself do not buy this kind of Idea for writing about what is supposed to be a philosophy on Oscar's past life and how he came to be the miracle everybody known him to be, but this is just one example of how they portray the curse from fame in the film, I can talk about what else they do with this character, but it will sadly lead to spoilers. I would now let the film speak for itself, while I will now discuss this film's flaws. Now, I think that this film looks a bit unappealing mostly because this film's colour scheme consists of greys, I wish that this film use a bit more colour than what it's already using so that it can enhance the scenes mode more expressively especially in the more lighthearted scenes like at the end, which I won't spoil and also I can't deny that this movie has a cliched romance between the main character and his long lost friend which got me a bit turned off from the film by how overused it is. Now lastly, let's discuss the characters. Firstly, we will talk about Oscar. A passionate fellow who is eager to use his abilities to help others in need and be remembered for it, only to find out that maybe being famous is not as fun as he once thought would be. This character is charming and relatable in a way that would make anyone route for him into fulfilling his goals while also caring about the difficult situations he has to go through he is someone many people especially those who are struggling with the hardships that come from fame, can resonate with and like at the same time. As for the other characters like Oscar's Mom, Grandma and Agata they are more like characters to progress the plot , but then there is Agata who is more like Oscar's love interest, there's honestly not much to say about her other than she is someone Oscar has known from his childhood and a friend whom admire Oscar just because of his ability, that's pretty much it for the characters, but at least they deliver their characters with solid acting with the more prominent ones leave bigger impact on the film. The Man Without Gravity is a rather decent movie that is obviously far from being a real masterpiece, but isn't anywhere bad as it is delivered with a Thought-provoking message along with a likeable protagonist along with solid acting and just the passion behind this film is enough to make an overall decently entertaining experience, if you are looking for a film that is somewhat routed to reality. Then this is the film for you. I certainly did have a pleasant time with this film. Thank you for reading my review.