The Marine 5: Battleground Reviews

• Sep 28, 2018

This was certainly the most believable (if any of the Marine franchise can actually say that) since The Marine 2. The Miz is getting better with every movie he does and The Marine 5: Battleground is definitely a fun after bar type of B-movie. I hear a sixth one is coming at the end of the year. Good! Keep 'em coming, Miz.

• Sep 23, 2018

Strengths: When you aren't a big budget film, you need to make the most out of a little. This movie does well with that. They keep a vast majority of the story contained within the confines of a parking garage. That allows them to put their money elsewhere. For example, the effects are strong. Being a WWE Studios picture, I wasn't expect it to be so gory. When Murphy (Trinity Fatu/Naomi) gets stabbed, you can tell effort was put into making it look good. The same goes for when Zoe Williams (Anna Van Hooft) is shot and when Ana (Maryse Ouellet Mizanin) died. Jake Carter (Mike Mizanin/The Miz) is a decent enough lead character and Mike brings a lot of charisma to the role. He makes it work more than it should. Weaknesses: Sometimes, it's cool to see wrestlers in movies. Other times, it becomes too much. I think WWE went too far with including their talent in this. Joseph Hennig/Curtis Axel (Deacon), Taylor Rotunda/Bo Dallas (Alonzo), and Heath Miller/Heath Slater (Cash) are all kind of just there. They're more distracting than anything and it takes you out of the movie. You feel like you're watching the wrestlers and not the characters. For being an ex-marine, Carter is a character who doesn't seem very good at shooting. He has Stromtrooper accuracy at times, which makes no sense. There's not much to the plot or premise and none of the characters jump out in ways that will grab or interest you. Overall: The movie makes the most of its budget, features a charismatic lead, and solid effects. There's not much else to it, though. Illogical and boring characters, mixed in with mediocre action makes for a decent at best movie.

• Aug 07, 2018

Miz acting is worse than his wrestling! Wish I can get that time back on my life!

• Oct 21, 2017

something entertaining but soft to be marine other actors in motorcycle that continue riding motorcycle because they do not know to act I hope that they improve for another marine, yo makie yo need keep more action in the next movie

• May 24, 2017

I am a WWE fan so probably enjoyed it more than most. but just another low budget marine film. 80% is filmed in a parking garage. the actors show potential but should stick to the ring. And for The Miz playing a marine, he sure cant hit much with a gun in this movie.

• May 02, 2017

What a terrible, awful, delightful trainwreck of a film. I loved every minute.

What a terrible, awful, delightful trainwreck of a film. I loved every minute.

• Apr 30, 2017