The Masquerader Reviews

• Feb 09, 2015

This short film could be one of the first films about making a film, and is certainly one of the funniest. Chaplin appears without his mustache before going into makeup then causes a lot of chaos as he's chased around a movie studio.

• Feb 13, 2014

A very basic Charlie Chaplin film where the main gag is him dressing up as a woman, which was quite a popular conceit in the early silent movies.

• Sep 12, 2010

First movie in which Charlot character appears -in such a way!

First movie in which Charlot character appears -in such a way!

• Aug 21, 2010

The 12th Chaplin fil from 1914 I've seen this weekend and I've gotten my hands on 11 more that I need to see. Unfortunately there are 12 Chaplin films from that year that I haven't been able to dig up just yet. Hopefully soon, though.

• Oct 11, 2009

This is a fun little idea. Charlie begins as an actor at a studio, but when he's thrown out, he returns dressed as a woman. For what purpose, only God knows. Beyond the dress-up scenes where guys pick up on Charlie, nothing really sticks in this one.

• Jun 14, 2009

Charlie plays an actor at a movie studio. He messes up several scenes and is fired, but he disguises himself as a woman and charms the director of the movie so he can get back into the movie. Well written and funny short film.

• Jan 16, 2008

OMG SUCH A FUNNY MOVIE! SENIORITA CHAPELNO

OMG SUCH A FUNNY MOVIE! SENIORITA CHAPELNO

• Dec 30, 2007

Really funny short film from Charlie Chaplin. It doesn't star his as the Tramp which is always a nice change. As much as I and many other people love The Tramp it's hard not to fall in love with the other characters as well. This one is seriously funny and not to be missed.