The Maze Reviews

• Sep 17, 2019

A wonderful early sci-fi horror that tells the tale of a man's fiancee who goes in search of her future husband who has inherited a family castle. When she arrives he has aged terribly and wants her to leave, whilst she is there she uncovers the horrifying truth of why he is acting so oddly, but can she save him? A very enjoyable film

• Nov 13, 2012

76% "We'll make him see a doctor, if he wants to or not."-Kitty Murray (Veronica Hurst) All I'm saying is, I would have frog-stomped that manphibian, and had the biggest set of legs ever. "I wouldn't go in there."-Simon (Owen McGiveney)

• Aug 22, 2012

An intriguing and effective little horror movie that has the atmosphere of an early Universal gothic horror and story that could have been written by H.P Lovecraft. Effects let it down slightly; after all the suspense the full reveal of Richard Carlson's dark secret in the maze could seem a little ludicrous. The cast are good, Carlson his usual stoical self, but Veronica Hurst shines. Willaim Cameron Menzies was involved in Invaders from Mars the same year, a different movie, but one that shares a magical quality.

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Nov 05, 2011

A movie that started off great & kept you in suspense wanting to find out what the secret was that Gerald & his servants were trying to hide.When you do find out what it was they're trying to hide be prepared to be shocked & not in a good way.You'll probably either laugh or be like that's it!?

• Aug 15, 2011

(** 1/2): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon13.gif[/img] The film has a great build-up, but it leads to a very laugh-out-loud revelation/twist with a "creature" (which is so ridiculous) that it makes me unable to recommend it.

• May 28, 2011

How did I miss this gem of 50s horror? Lovecraft influence obvious.

How did I miss this gem of 50s horror? Lovecraft influence obvious.

• Pamela D Super Reviewer
    Mar 16, 2011

A great build-up with a corny, absurd ending made me wonder if production problems led to a hasty re-write of the script.

• Jan 07, 2011

The Maze had a pretty good thing going... until the big mystery of Craven castle turned out to be a frog. I shit you not, the big reveal of the movie is a guy who came out of the womb underdeveloped... which according to the filmmakers equals bullfrog. Frustrating ending to say the least.

• Dec 23, 2010

Full of all the clichà (C) bumps and shadows, this haunted house film is far more fun to watch than it probably should be. It feels like all kinds of ideas taken from better films, but the actors are competent and the sets, though cheep are effective. And just wait till the shocking reveal! Sure, this isn't a great film. But it is entertaining.

• Mar 25, 2010

admittedly i came across this movie by chance but what an entertaining piece of nonsense i cant possibly tell you the twist in the end but believe me its a corker , please try and catch this movie the maze if you need a laugh whack it in the dvd and sit back n chuckle the blues away