The Millionaire Reviews

• Mar 05, 2009

Although my rating is high, this is NOT a good movie. But I liked it. In fact, I found it quite charming. The now-forgotten Evalyn Knapp was absolutely delightful, and one wonders why she didn't become a bigger star. Cagney's short screen time gives a desperate jolt to the film, which seems to ride that wave of energy straight through to the ultimate silly and formulaic conclusion. Although Cagney fans might want to seek it out, I can't guarantee they'll enjoy it as I did.

• Mar 20, 2008

A Ford-type auto mogul tries to retire, but decides he can't disengage from life just yet. The story is slight, and the pacing is quite slow by today's standards, but it's charming. It's also interesting to see a wealthy person portrayed as generous and helpful from the outset (without the help of an angel or a small child, or something) - something you don't see much these days. A cameo by a very young James Cagney leaps off the screen!

• Mar 19, 2008

This movie had a lot of slow parts..

This movie had a lot of slow parts..