The Monitor (Babycall) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Monitor (Babycall) Reviews

½ March 24, 2016
Noomi Rapace delivers a great performance and the story keeps you glued to the screen but the ending makes little sense so The Monitor leaves you unsatisfied.
March 4, 2015
This thriller keeps the attention thanks to its intriguing story and sub-plots, though it's some confusing by moments.
½ November 22, 2014
The acting is great and the movie had potential. Unfortunately, it was a story that was too confusing. There are too many dots to connect, and sometimes you don't even know if they lead to anything. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to understanding the development of the plot that later on lead to a predictable and somewhat confusing ending.
November 10, 2014
A superb performance from Noomi Rapace in this typically bleak Swedish mystery as a young woman on a witness protection programme who is haunted by the thought her ex wants to do her harm.
But the storyline is a bit of a mess at times.
Worth seeing just for Rapace's performance.
August 13, 2014
It was sort of an exciting thriller but have seen such a plot, so know what's going to happen. I think it had potential to make it even more dramatic and frightening. Not quite there yet!
½ March 31, 2014
I thought that it was a great story, Although I was a bit confusing in some places. But all in all this was another amazing performance by Noomi Rapace.
March 26, 2014
Noomi Rapace gives an incredible performance as an overprotective mother with possible mental issues. The story is confusing as a way to convey the feelings of desperation and lost touch with reality. It kept my interest throughout, but the confusion becomes overpowering. The twist is not surprising at all - I figured it out within the first 20 minutes. As a result of the twist, large plot holes become evident marring any internal logic it might have had. Other than Rapace, this doesn't have much going for it but she is worth it.
January 16, 2014
The intensity of Noomi Rapace's performance lingers and haunts.
January 16, 2014
In addition to slow moving, just confusing with so many loop holes.
January 5, 2014
Not every call gets an answer--Surreal Thriller with a strange vibe!!
October 5, 2013
An excellent scandinavian film. Two thumbs up.
½ June 19, 2013
Flawed, but well-acted and convincing. While 1 and 1 doesn't always add up to two, it's still worth watching.
May 16, 2013
still twisting my mind after hours watching it, Rapace delivers he rare talents, she kept me at the edge of my seat trying to figure out what's in her head, although this isn't a horror film, i am genuinely scared!
½ April 5, 2013
What I loved about this film is how we never lose our focus, we keep wondering who's the sane one here and I also like how Swedes do their thrillers, there is over-hanging paranoia over their society and mistrust over their state and nation and it's wide claws over everything.
February 25, 2013
This was a brilliant paranoid psychological thriller. Most of the way through the film I was not sure if the central character was extremely paranoid and imagining things or these things were actually happening and that was mostly down to a top notch performance from Naomi Rapace. The ending was also brilliant, sudden, shocking and totally unexpected.
February 7, 2013
Genuinely scary - both on a suspenseful and on a sociological level.
½ January 12, 2013
More thriller than horror, and a twist we've seen before, but it still kept me wondering.
½ December 11, 2012
Terrific central performance and good intentions aren't enough to save this film. A nice build of tension and creepiness, but unfortunatley, when it attempts to play its hand, it ties itself up in knots.
½ December 7, 2012
Good stuff to follow , only the ending was not that happy !
½ November 24, 2012
While you can see the outcomes and twist within the first 10 minutes, it's the journey and execution that sets it apart from the rest of the suspenseful supernatural movies out there. Incredibly acted. Well thought out ideas that put a new spin on this type of story. Nice little gem of Norwegian cinema.