The Moonshine War Reviews

• May 19, 2014

Great little movie based on an Elmore Leonard story. Cast features a young Alan Alda in addition to strong performances by stalwarts Richard Widemark, Patrick Magoohan and Will Geer. Terrific character performance by Lee Hazelwood as Dual. Notable line: Magoohan as Frank Long addressing a bunch of moonshiners on a porch with "I'm looking for a John W. "Son" Martin. Am I at the right place or have I interrupted a prayer meeting?"

• Jul 25, 2013

ok period pic/comedy

ok period pic/comedy

• Jun 08, 2011

Alan Alda's best performance of his career, also with Patrick McGoohan as a cagey ATF agent.