The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Reviews

½ January 6, 2017
worst film i have ever seen
½ December 30, 2016
Not good movie to watch
December 13, 2016
This movie is awesome.
December 6, 2016
I like science fiction, so I enjoyed most of the story. This movie does suffer from an un-understandable story line at times, and it is not that unique, but it is fun when Clary finds out what she is.
December 2, 2016
This movie, It was really cool, very good, beautiful edition, beautiful actors, I do not understand why it failed. This movie is very popular, Give a chance to this movie, It was very good.
½ November 11, 2016
The action is nice... but can we please get rid of the shitty teen romance bullshit!?!? Seriously, men like movies that have the action and fantasy but the girl chasing after the brooding guy is so cheesy!!!!!!!
October 30, 2016
Fantasy for the teeny boppers. Interesting and well made.
October 18, 2016
Loved the movie!!!! I thought casting was perfect. I hope one day the sequel will be back on, same cast.
September 28, 2016
Loosely based on the book, but not nearly as good.
½ August 28, 2016
This franchise really would've worked if it didn't follow Twilight's footsteps.
½ August 27, 2016
This movie has a bit of an awkward start, but it builds well once it gets going. I enjoyed it, and the main characters are endearing enough for me to be curious about a sequel. The fantasy world is pretty cool, and the demons are super creepy. As always, Jonathan Rhys Meyers was delicious! It's not the best, but definitely worth the watch.
August 16, 2016
The Mortal Instruments is an AMAZING book series, however, this movie was TERRIBLE. I feel like all of the characters were displayed incorrectly, with Clary appearing too weak, Jace never joking around, Alec looking too old, Isabelle being too serious and not flirtatious, along with not being gorgeous (no offence to the actress), and Magnus being too...normal. As well, there were a lot of scenes that were just dialogue, which bored me, and the action scenes were hard to follow. Plus, the movie definitely needed MORE MALEC!
½ July 25, 2016
It doesn't deserve anything posotive because i saw only the worst part of this movie and it was Poorly Duckish! If I saw the Rest it would be the worst movie ever. Luckily I seen worse.

Fuck Me For Watching it (Pardon me with my language)
It's That Bad.

Score: 0/10
½ July 5, 2016
Better casting was needed.
June 10, 2016
What book were y'all reading to make this movie!? What the actual f###!? It's a movie made up entirely of explainers.... But seriously lacking in a baseline plot to actually explain. Omg what is this ending!? Seriously, this movie was like a horrible cliff notes version and still missing pretty big details. Like, what?
June 9, 2016
There are some stunning visuals and effects that could not be recreated by the book alone, I'll admit.
But what let me down the most was Jace's character, he lacked any sort of charm or humour.
There were also some cringeworthy cheesy moments that really took away from the magic of it all.
½ May 31, 2016
It is very inaccurate. Can't even watch it ironically, do not waste your time, many important parts and characters were left out.
May 8, 2016
Disappointed with the cast.Terrible choices in the plot!The finale ruined everything!At least some parts of the book were inlcuded.
April 18, 2016
The movie could have been the next Harry Potter, but instead it's the next failed franchise.
April 3, 2016
Consistently Changes The Storyline, Bad Direction & Attempts To Update Us On Bizarre Plot Points, Which All Seemed To Me To Be One Big Incestuous Demon Family Argument. It Gave Me A Headache Trying To Follow & Make Hide-Nor-Hare Of It; I Eventually Switched Off & Gave Up..Just A Load Of Pointless Running, Fight-Scenes, Grunting, Groaning & Magic Cards. Ugh..Panadol...Pleeease!!