The Mummy Reviews

• 2d ago

I didn't have high hopes at the start of this movie but I feel it redeemed the franchise after 2 & 3. Still had what I loved about the first one and didn't force the comedy too much.

• Jul 11, 2019

If you think this is going to be as good as mission impossible think again. Avoid. Did Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe read the script before signing up to this movie?

• Jul 07, 2019

There's an attempt here to do something new with The Mummy myth, but Tom Cruise isn't able to liven up the result with his heroics, his wisecracks, or by taking his shirt off yet again. The tone is all over the place and Crowe feels shoehorned in as Mr Jekyll, though there's admittedly a fun scene set in zero gravity, and another one involving swimming zombies. But the film mainly borrows ideas from other, better films, and this feels like a vanity project and an overconfident attempt at jumpstarting a new cinematic universe that no one asked for.

• May 20, 2019

Tom Cruise gets to run. So that's probably why he is even in the movie. Otherwise he's totally miscast. Leave the Mummies to Brendan Fraser.

• May 10, 2019

How many times does she say ‘Nick, Nick NIIIICK’?

How many times does she say ‘Nick, Nick NIIIICK’?

• Apr 29, 2019

Sure, Tom Cruise brings the fun, action stunts, but the story is so uneven and predictable that this CGI-heavy reboot is a poor start to Universal Studio's Dark Universe. And even though Cruise has played many roles through his career, I can't help but only see him as Ethan Hunt for now on.

• Apr 28, 2019

The Dark Universe concept completely died with this huge first installment miss fire. Its cast is well intended, but they alone couldn't save it. Focusing only on the future without giving us anything interesting to start with. We also have a terrible script, lifeless characters, horrible storytelling, and a completely incomprehensible climax. Its no wonder why Brendan Fraser hated this remake. A truly terrible movie.

• Apr 24, 2019

Surprisingly boring.

Surprisingly boring.

• Apr 18, 2019

Just wasn't good, no where near as good as the brendan fraser films were. No where near as fun, captivating, it was just boring and predictable :( i don't want a sequel, or if they do one it needs to redeem this one first.

• Apr 17, 2019

Loved this movie. People keep comparing to the 90s mummy movies and they were not suppose to be a remake or a sequal. It was amazing for what it was suppose to be and i am ashamed of people comparing it to movies that this movie has nothing to do with.