The Mummy Reviews

• May 17, 2020

Way better than The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Way better than The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

• May 10, 2020

This movie is full of action movie tropes and terrible dialogue. None of these characters are memorable and they actively make me want to take my phone out. They are annoying,shallow, and for the most part, useless. Tom's Cruises character is complete garbage for the first 30 minutes of the movie. They seriously make him the dumbest, most annoying character possible and expect us to care about anything he does. Oh and there's also a mummy in this movie. Pretty much forgot about that. The mummy hardly shows up the first half of the movie outside of visions that Cruise has. Yup, Cruise becomes possessed and not only becomes invincible, he is haunted by the mummy. When the mummy finally starts getting more screen time, it gets captured. Just what this movie needed, a mummy on a chain. Don't watch this

• May 08, 2020

It is a tribute to Tom Cruise's drawing power that this movie grossed $80,000,000 at the box office, because it certainly was not worth it. Either Annabelle Wallis was completely miscast in this role, or she is just a terrible actress. The dialogue is amateurish and childish, and acts more like a blunt force than a carefully sculpted work of art. All of the unnecessary darkness is a cheap crutch to instill dread, which fails miserably. The instances of comedic relief are forced and not funny.

• May 04, 2020

Not the worst mummy movie but not the best either.A little bit of a let down Is worth a Watch

• May 04, 2020

I got about 3/4th in and had to turn it off. I think Tom Cruz wrote in parts to make him look "cool". This is one of the worst films I have ever had the misfortune to see. The story is so dumb it is unbelievable that a studio actually made this.

• May 03, 2020

Most original Sci-Fi movie channel movies make more sense than this crap. The only good part of the movie was the make up on the evil mummy (kinda hot). Everything else was utter crap. Seriously it is a bad Sci-Fi movie with movie quality special effects. I can't imagine who would like this movie.

• Apr 22, 2020

Lacking the horror of the classic movies and the campy fun of the Brendan Fraser mummy films, it's a terrible remake that feels like a desperate attempt to compete with the mcu and fails miserably, with unlikable characters and a convoluted and incoherent story.

• Apr 22, 2020

It wasn't the worst movie of all time. When you choose to adopt the name of a popular franchise, you run the risk of disappointing those fans. That risk came to be in this particular case. There were tons of special effects, a vaguely Egyptian Mummy story-line, and some bigger stars, I don't think the film really lands. Choosing Tom Cruise was also a mistake, IMHO.

• Apr 19, 2020

Terrible, boring, and trying to be MARVEL this movie sucks.

Terrible, boring, and trying to be MARVEL this movie sucks.

• Apr 17, 2020

One of the best movies I've seen. WHY does its allure escape the average critic, I'll never know..