The Mummy Reviews

• Jun 05, 2020

The funny thing is the only thing that worked for me was the world building stuff with Crow. Everything else was done so much better in the former series and the characters were unlikable, uninteresting, and under developed.

• Jun 05, 2020

What began as quite a fun Tom Cruise vehicle, quickly collapsed into a dull and lifeless sequel bait. The first act is quite fun with some standard over the top Cruise style action set pieces and a potential interesting take on the Mummy lore. But, as soon as the plane crashes, so does the rest of the film. It feels like they blew the budget with the first half hour, as the rest of the film is exposition in dark rooms before an unmemorable climax. Its more interested in setting up a shared universe rather than telling a complete and fun story. The Marvel Studios model of a shared universe can be replicated when the teases are subtle, and big reveals are saved for the post credit scenes. This movie spends the middle portion establishing a 'bigger world' that the audience doesn't care about because we haven't had time to adapt to what we are currently seeing. A disappointing effort considering the talent, that does feel like we are seeing more studio interference play out on the screen.

• May 17, 2020

Way better than The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Way better than The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

• May 10, 2020

This movie is full of action movie tropes and terrible dialogue. None of these characters are memorable and they actively make me want to take my phone out. They are annoying,shallow, and for the most part, useless. Tom's Cruises character is complete garbage for the first 30 minutes of the movie. They seriously make him the dumbest, most annoying character possible and expect us to care about anything he does. Oh and there's also a mummy in this movie. Pretty much forgot about that. The mummy hardly shows up the first half of the movie outside of visions that Cruise has. Yup, Cruise becomes possessed and not only becomes invincible, he is haunted by the mummy. When the mummy finally starts getting more screen time, it gets captured. Just what this movie needed, a mummy on a chain. Don't watch this

• May 08, 2020

It is a tribute to Tom Cruise's drawing power that this movie grossed $80,000,000 at the box office, because it certainly was not worth it. Either Annabelle Wallis was completely miscast in this role, or she is just a terrible actress. The dialogue is amateurish and childish, and acts more like a blunt force than a carefully sculpted work of art. All of the unnecessary darkness is a cheap crutch to instill dread, which fails miserably. The instances of comedic relief are forced and not funny.

• May 04, 2020

Not the worst mummy movie but not the best either.A little bit of a let down Is worth a Watch

• May 04, 2020

I got about 3/4th in and had to turn it off. I think Tom Cruz wrote in parts to make him look "cool". This is one of the worst films I have ever had the misfortune to see. The story is so dumb it is unbelievable that a studio actually made this.

• May 03, 2020

Most original Sci-Fi movie channel movies make more sense than this crap. The only good part of the movie was the make up on the evil mummy (kinda hot). Everything else was utter crap. Seriously it is a bad Sci-Fi movie with movie quality special effects. I can't imagine who would like this movie.

• Apr 22, 2020

Lacking the horror of the classic movies and the campy fun of the Brendan Fraser mummy films, it's a terrible remake that feels like a desperate attempt to compete with the mcu and fails miserably, with unlikable characters and a convoluted and incoherent story.

• Apr 22, 2020

It wasn't the worst movie of all time. When you choose to adopt the name of a popular franchise, you run the risk of disappointing those fans. That risk came to be in this particular case. There were tons of special effects, a vaguely Egyptian Mummy story-line, and some bigger stars, I don't think the film really lands. Choosing Tom Cruise was also a mistake, IMHO.