The Music Never Stopped Reviews

• Feb 22, 2019

Based on a short story/essay by neuropsychiatrist Oliver Sacks, the film is about a brain rehabilitation through music therapy. The tragic paradox experienced by the protagonist is that the more he manages to recover the 25 years of memory lost with the encephalic tumor, the more he becomes aware of sad or deadly events. (Mauro Lanari)

• Mar 30, 2018

Well-intentioned drama never reaches the emotional heights that it aspires to but the performances are good.

• Sep 09, 2017

A lovely little movie that shows the awesome healing power of music

A lovely little movie that shows the awesome healing power of music

• Mar 12, 2017

New-found respect for JK Simmons. He's great in role of typical 60's dad trying to recover what he can of the relationship with his son after a 20-year estrangement

• Jan 28, 2017

good story. I was hoping it would not have a sad ending but it did in a good way.

• Dec 08, 2016

The Music Never Stopped is a profoundly underappreciated film with a great soundtrack.

• May 28, 2016

damn, this movie affected me on so many levels. and very well done all around.

damn, this movie affected me on so many levels. and very well done all around.

• Feb 13, 2016

A profound look at how one generation must humble themselves and learn the language of another generation in the hopes of mending broken relationships. We can all learn from it.

• Oct 12, 2015

Hard to get into. The characters and storyline just felt forcefully dramatic. The over-excitedness over music was a miss too.

• Mar 09, 2015

Oliver Sacks is my hero. Every year around this time I read the case study 'The Last Hippie' from 'An Anthropologist on Mars' with my psychology students. Everyone likes this bittersweet, hopeful, humanist adaptation.