The Music Never Stopped - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Music Never Stopped Reviews

May 28, 2016
damn, this movie affected me on so many levels. and very well done all around.
February 13, 2016
A profound look at how one generation must humble themselves and learn the language of another generation in the hopes of mending broken relationships. We can all learn from it.
October 12, 2015
Hard to get into. The characters and storyline just felt forcefully dramatic. The over-excitedness over music was a miss too.
March 9, 2015
Oliver Sacks is my hero. Every year around this time I read the case study 'The Last Hippie' from 'An Anthropologist on Mars' with my psychology students. Everyone likes this bittersweet, hopeful, humanist adaptation.
February 23, 2015
Perhaps I am a sucker for all that is sentimental, or maybe it's my unabashed love for J.K. Simmons, but I loved this movie. Like...really loved it. Such a wonderful expose on the power of music.
½ January 26, 2015
At the worst it is soap opera-y, but the tale is one that hits too hard to overlook.
September 30, 2014
While it doesn't really satisfy completely there is a lot to like here, and you really can't do much better than J.K. Simmons, who is pretty much perfect.
September 13, 2014
A touching movie about father and son's relationship and family love. Music is the conduit for the father ro re-connect with the son. Great music ...
July 16, 2014
belíssimo. baseado em um dislivres de oliver sachs mostra o poder da música e da músicaterapia
½ April 25, 2014
quite enjoyable but would have liked to have had gabriel's story..(post 1970).. fleshed out....
March 22, 2014
Predictable story, but the soundtrack was awesome, so I enjoyed it.
January 25, 2014
If you love music, you will love this movie, especially if you love 60s/70s rock. I don't know how much of the movie was based on what really happened but this movie proves how powerful music is! I loved this movie and was crying all the way through it. I love J.K. Simmons!
½ December 28, 2013
I cried my eyes out! Like music this movie is made to the human soul. Fantastic acting from J K Simmons.
August 29, 2013
A Warm hug that gets cozier as the music plays on...
½ July 24, 2013
A good film about the importance of music.
½ June 11, 2013
Tale of a father who struggles to bond with his estranged son Gabriel, after Gabriel suffers from a brain tumor that prevents him from forming new memories. With Gabriel unable to shed the beliefs and interests that caused their physical and emotional distance, Henry must learn to embrace his son's choices and try to connect with him through music.
½ May 16, 2013
What a beautiful movie! Great soundtrack and powerful acting. this is a must see folks.
½ April 29, 2013
Not nearly as touching as it wants to be - but 'Vernon Schillinger' proves that he has what it takes, to eventually belt out a great film one of these years.
½ April 2, 2013
This story taps into the music lover in all of us. That moment a song comes and you just feel good all over abd nastalgic.