The Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult Reviews

November 28, 2016
Haha this is alright, not as good as first one but better than the second. Worth watching some funny moments
September 27, 2016
Super film. Wonderful comedy. Great performances.
August 26, 2016
This is by far the weakest entry in the series, but it still offers up a few chuckles here and there. You just gotta go with it even though the villain's plot doesn't make much sense in this one. Not that I look for much sense in these movies.
July 31, 2016
I love the naked gun movies (guilty pleasure)
½ June 25, 2016
After falling flat in 2 1/2, Leslie Nielsen & co are back in top form for 33 1/3. This movie serves as a tongue-in-cheek "F U" to 1990's political correctness, with plenty of self-depricating cameos by D-list celebrities to boot.
½ June 19, 2016
The last of the trilogy is more funny than the others, but it still is predictable and cliched. However I rarely laugh so much as I laught with thia movie. No one will like the beginning but the 2 final scenes are hilarious.
June 13, 2016
Better than 2.5, as good as the first, but it's no Police Squad. Great for 12 year-olds though!
March 28, 2016
This is not as good as the first two and only mildly funny.
February 19, 2016
A solid end to the Trilogy which maintained the spirit of spoof films and allowed Nielsen to maintain his role as the king of spoof comedy.
½ February 17, 2016
It had some funny moments, and it is much better than the previous sequel, but it doesn't quite add up to the original.
½ February 9, 2016
still as good as the Original first 2 movies
January 9, 2016
Glad it was the final one of the series.
½ December 26, 2015
I liked it a little less then the first.
December 12, 2015
Much like the second installment, it is not as good as the original, but is still a very funny follow-up that has all the trademark humor the series is known for. In saying that, it is a bit more hit-and-miss, but when it hits, it is a home run. Though not fantastic, the third Naked Gun is a fantastic time that will certainly make you laugh hysterically at some point.
½ December 10, 2015
Hey, remember when Anna Nicole Smith was a thing, and people knew who Phil Donahue was? Well, watching this movie is a real time capsule back to that point in history. While the other movies in this franchise have a slightly more timeless feel to them, this one is fully embracing the era it was made. Basically the story picks up right where the last one left off, and the opening sequence itself is kind of hilarious, but its all downhill from there. The jokes lose all attempts at cleverness and subtlety. Instead they just bang you over your head with the humor. Of course, like any movie with Leslie Nielsen in the lead, and the Zucker brothers helping to write, it has select scenes or moments that are funny. I certainly didn't HATE the last chapter in this series, but it was pretty lazy and didn't have any spark of the spoof magic that I like to see in my Naked Gun movies. Even the story was terribly constructed, which shouldn't matter but it was kind of distracting when you watched it jump from one sequence to the next without any solid logic to that transition. The final straw was the 3rd act which fit the movie's subtitle "The Final Insult." It seems they tried to recreate the magic of the baseball scene in the first movie by having Frank go undercover at an event with a big audience and screw everything up. However it just isn't all that funny! This isn't even mentioning just how painful it is to watch Anna Nicole Smith attempt to act. Even though the movie makers didn't leave this franchise at 2 films, I'd highly recommend anyone who decides to watch them quit after the first 2 and forget this one exists. While it's not terrible, it's really not good enough to bother wasting your time.
October 5, 2015
Not as good as the first two but it is funny never the less. the series closes on a slightly one note joke which is a shame but not all jokes fail. the prison break out and oscars finale are brilliant.
September 27, 2015
If the joke continues to repeat itself over and over again, that means the creativity have gone out and that's exactly how I felt when I was watching this third installment in "The Naked Gun" comedy series. It's stale, boring, and annoying. It definitely overstayed its welcome.
September 22, 2015
This might not be a good start to the franchise on, and to start my little remembrance of Leslie Nielsen. With that said, I think the I know why so many people were so affected by the death of Robin Williams, it was as if part of their childhood was now gone. Don't get me wrong, I loved Robin Williams as well but he wasn't as formative a part of the movies I grew up watching, though he was part of it. But I felt that much greater when Leslie Nielsen passed away back in 2010. It's not that Leslie himself had as big or prominent roles as a Robin Williams in order to cement him as a beloved actor, but I grew up thinking that Leslie Nielsen was one of the funniest men alive. And that was due to the Naked Gun trilogy and Airplane, though I came to love Airplane much later than I loved Naked Gun. I loved Leslie Nielsen to the point that I actually went to see the live action Mr. Magoo in theaters when I was like 9 years old or something. And I realize now that Mr. Magoo was an awful movie, but that's how much I loved Leslie Nielsen as a little kid. With that out of the way, onto this film, this actually has aged better than I remember it. It's still the worst of the trilogy, but the film is still legitimately funny. Perhaps it has the same sort of 'diminishing returns' that you get with each sequel in a franchise that's as goofy and as slapstick heavy as this one. The third time is, usually, never a charm when it comes to films and that's no different here, though this is still an entertaining and supremely silly film. If you've seen the previous two films then you know exactly what to expect. A lot of sight gags and slapstick and, for the most part, I do think it actually works. It's not like it's hilarious, but there's some good bits here. The film does hold for the most part, but I will say that the third act of the film, taking place at the Academy Awards, was the most inconsistent stretch of the film. There were as many hits as there were misses. I guess you could say that this was the case with the entire movie, but I thought that the hits outnumbered the misses, at least, 2 to 1. Though that ratio is almost evened up during the Academy Awards section of the film. There's still some funny moments, but it's obvious that the scriptwriters ran out of steam at the end. And that's understandable when you've got a film that's so heavy on schtick as opposed to dialogue and interplay with characters, like a Little Miss Sunshine for example. With that said, I still enjoyed the hell out of this movie. It's much better than I remember it being, but it's not perfect and not even close to being the best film of this franchise. I can't really recommend this, because I'm judgment is biased because of my love for this trilogy and Leslie Nielsen, but I had a lot of fun watching this.
August 18, 2015