The Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult Reviews

November 16, 2017
The final instalment of the greatest comedy trilogy of all time. It cracks me up when Drebin goes undercover. Comedy gold.
October 28, 2017
Ironically named 'The Final Insult', this third chapter in the trilogy reaffirms my belief that they are running out of original material to keep its audience laughing. Watchable to the final scene, but needs a fresh approach to re-engage that spark that first captured our hearts. Co-starring Anna Nicole-Smith, this just about sums up how seriously they are taking themselves in making this movie.
½ October 15, 2017
The entire crew behind and in front of the camera returns for this third outing (the fourth if you want to include the original TV series), but this time the film had more jokes that seemed to misfire. In the plus column for the film Leslie Nielsen is hilariously serious, the underused Fred Ward joins the cast, and comedy icon Kathleen Freeman has a supporting part. In the minus column, the annoying Anna Nicole Smith also joins the cast. Worth watching for fans of the series, but nothing great.
August 20, 2017
One of the best parody ever
½ February 28, 2017
Definitely not as funny as the first two and with a higher percentage of rehashed, and thus predictable, jokes, but still a pleasant watch, to a big extent thanks to Leslie Nielsen and a few hilarious lines and gags.
February 11, 2017
2/2/2017: Easily the worst of the series and not many real funny moments.
November 28, 2016
Haha this is alright, not as good as first one but better than the second. Worth watching some funny moments
September 27, 2016
Super film. Wonderful comedy. Great performances.
August 26, 2016
This is by far the weakest entry in the series, but it still offers up a few chuckles here and there. You just gotta go with it even though the villain's plot doesn't make much sense in this one. Not that I look for much sense in these movies.
July 31, 2016
I love the naked gun movies (guilty pleasure)
½ June 25, 2016
After falling flat in 2 1/2, Leslie Nielsen & co are back in top form for 33 1/3. This movie serves as a tongue-in-cheek "F U" to 1990's political correctness, with plenty of self-depricating cameos by D-list celebrities to boot.
½ June 19, 2016
The last of the trilogy is more funny than the others, but it still is predictable and cliched. However I rarely laugh so much as I laught with thia movie. No one will like the beginning but the 2 final scenes are hilarious.
June 13, 2016
Better than 2.5, as good as the first, but it's no Police Squad. Great for 12 year-olds though!
March 28, 2016
This is not as good as the first two and only mildly funny.
February 19, 2016
A solid end to the Trilogy which maintained the spirit of spoof films and allowed Nielsen to maintain his role as the king of spoof comedy.
½ February 17, 2016
It had some funny moments, and it is much better than the previous sequel, but it doesn't quite add up to the original.
½ February 9, 2016
still as good as the Original first 2 movies
January 9, 2016
Glad it was the final one of the series.
½ December 26, 2015
I liked it a little less then the first.
December 12, 2015
Much like the second installment, it is not as good as the original, but is still a very funny follow-up that has all the trademark humor the series is known for. In saying that, it is a bit more hit-and-miss, but when it hits, it is a home run. Though not fantastic, the third Naked Gun is a fantastic time that will certainly make you laugh hysterically at some point.