The Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult Reviews

September 22, 2015
This might not be a good start to the franchise on, and to start my little remembrance of Leslie Nielsen. With that said, I think the I know why so many people were so affected by the death of Robin Williams, it was as if part of their childhood was now gone. Don't get me wrong, I loved Robin Williams as well but he wasn't as formative a part of the movies I grew up watching, though he was part of it. But I felt that much greater when Leslie Nielsen passed away back in 2010. It's not that Leslie himself had as big or prominent roles as a Robin Williams in order to cement him as a beloved actor, but I grew up thinking that Leslie Nielsen was one of the funniest men alive. And that was due to the Naked Gun trilogy and Airplane, though I came to love Airplane much later than I loved Naked Gun. I loved Leslie Nielsen to the point that I actually went to see the live action Mr. Magoo in theaters when I was like 9 years old or something. And I realize now that Mr. Magoo was an awful movie, but that's how much I loved Leslie Nielsen as a little kid. With that out of the way, onto this film, this actually has aged better than I remember it. It's still the worst of the trilogy, but the film is still legitimately funny. Perhaps it has the same sort of 'diminishing returns' that you get with each sequel in a franchise that's as goofy and as slapstick heavy as this one. The third time is, usually, never a charm when it comes to films and that's no different here, though this is still an entertaining and supremely silly film. If you've seen the previous two films then you know exactly what to expect. A lot of sight gags and slapstick and, for the most part, I do think it actually works. It's not like it's hilarious, but there's some good bits here. The film does hold for the most part, but I will say that the third act of the film, taking place at the Academy Awards, was the most inconsistent stretch of the film. There were as many hits as there were misses. I guess you could say that this was the case with the entire movie, but I thought that the hits outnumbered the misses, at least, 2 to 1. Though that ratio is almost evened up during the Academy Awards section of the film. There's still some funny moments, but it's obvious that the scriptwriters ran out of steam at the end. And that's understandable when you've got a film that's so heavy on schtick as opposed to dialogue and interplay with characters, like a Little Miss Sunshine for example. With that said, I still enjoyed the hell out of this movie. It's much better than I remember it being, but it's not perfect and not even close to being the best film of this franchise. I can't really recommend this, because I'm judgment is biased because of my love for this trilogy and Leslie Nielsen, but I had a lot of fun watching this.
August 18, 2015
Final in the series isn't as good as the first two, but still good. Ages 14+
July 26, 2015
I laughed all the way through. I highly recommend this.
July 1, 2015
A disappointing last entry in the Naked Gun series, devoid of any fun or wit.
½ June 24, 2015
Another great sequel by the king of parody movies. This movie had a better story line then the other two films, but still provided the laughs. This trilogy went out with a bang!!
June 18, 2015
The Final Insult has all the humor and energy of the previous films, with Nielsen and Presley doing what they do best.
June 5, 2015
It's not quite as even as the other two films in the franchise.
½ April 23, 2015
BEST. COMEDY. SERIES. EVER.
The slapstick is not as good and the end is cartoonist.
Anna Nicole Smith as the eye-candy blonde bimbo gives this movie a extra star.
April 19, 2015
Pale in comparison to the original but even the weakest of the three movies is still funny enough to enjoy.
April 18, 2015
Funny and stupid. At the beginning really stupid Frank and oj Simpsons character saves baby's but have to kill the mafia and the evil post office men. And save the president and the pope. Frank is retired and this has to be the last movie. And always at the beginning the cop car goes on a crazy drive but now in star wars and Jurassic park. Ok movie.
January 31, 2015
Has its moments, but a bit flat after the first two movies.

The first Naked Gun was great: an hilarious slapstick-comedy. Clever, witty dialogue and brilliant sight-gags. So quotable.

Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear was a decent sequel. This was especially as far as comedy movies go, as the drop-off in originality and quality is normally quite steep from the original to the first sequel.

Admittedly, it wasn't as good as the original, mainly because by now you know what to expect. Plus, it would have been difficult to match the originality and hilarity of the first.

This, the third in the series, still has some great moments, especially towards the end, but can't maintain throughout the same level of hilarity and originality as the first. For the first 75% or so of the movie it is so-so, with not too many great gags. It is only at the end - the Oscar ceremony - that it gets laugh-out-loud funny.

Overall, entertaining and funny enough, but not as good as the first two movies, especially the first.
October 22, 2014
"FRANK DREBIN STRIKES A THIRD TIME"

- 'The Naked Gun 33 1/3' is a 1994 comedy film by Peter Segal. This third and final chapter in 'The naked Gun' film franchise uses the same form of humor as the previous movies. For me it hits the spot perfectly. There are a lot of parody-references to other Hollywood movies of that time. With original cast members Leslie Nielsen (Scary Movie 3, Spy Hard), Priscilla Presley, George Kennedy and O.J. Simpson, and adding Fred Ward (Tremors), Kathleen Freeman (Gremlins 2) and Anna Nicole Smith (Skyscraper).

Although Frank Drebin (Nielsen) has retired from Police Squad, he is contacted by his former colleagues Ed Hocken (Kennedy) and Nordberg (Simpson) to investigate a possible plan of terrorism against the USA. Drebin goes undercover in order to befriend bomber Rocco Dillon (Ward) in prison. It doesn't take very long before Rocco's mother Muriel (Freeman) and his girlfriend Tanya (Smith) help the two escape. Now free, Frank will hear all about Rocco's terrorist mission, but things go bad when Jane (Presley) shows up...
½ October 18, 2014
A Little Better On The 3rd & Final Installment. The Shenanigans Are Funny As Ever, I Laughed Pretty Much The Whole Way Through..But I Am A Boy & It Is Definitely A Low-Brow Bots Kinda Comedy.
October 4, 2014
too up to date to be classed as a classic member of the trilogy, but nonetheless a hilarious funny to add to the collection
½ September 18, 2014
My least favorite of the series.
September 8, 2014
More gold from Drebin. lov when he goes under cover. Comedy gold.
June 15, 2014
Eh. It's funny sometimes, but never as hilarious as the first two installments.
May 26, 2014
This one really isn't that funny and is too much.
½ May 17, 2014
Sorry,I don't hate it and I couldn't find a good reason to like it,either.I will still give the original a chance,somehow.
½ May 10, 2014
The weakest of The Naked Gun trilogy of movies. The laughs are still there, but there is a slight move towards a little more gross-out humor that doesn't land too well, and Anna Nicole Smith does not exactly impress in the acting department. Nonetheless, it's still a fun and hilarious movie.