The Neverending Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Neverending Story Reviews

½ May 15, 2016
Great directing the acting is good for what it is an very dark film that your definitely not gonna forget some really cool sequences to
April 26, 2016
I've never really been to fond of this one. Even as a kid, I found it a bit ridiculous, and the leads rather annoying... I can't say it's gotten better or worse with time, but it's a decent kids fantasy.
½ April 13, 2016
Still rich, wondrous and vividly realized and also every bit as dark, scary and sometimes slightly fucking devastating (ARTAAAAX!!!!!) as you remember, sure the kid who plays Bastion is pretty annoying, some of the mostly wonderful animatronics are starting to creak and as cool as he is Falcor comes off as a bit creepy when you watch the film with naturally cynical adult eyes (I like children!....erm, eww) but the film is a potent bottling of childhood wonder that you can still open to find it hasn't gone off, and with it's textured and tactile sets, puppets, miniatures and practical detail it reminds you of how lacking todays almost computer game like, cgi overloaded, hollow fantasy films are. You cant beat 80's escapism and The Neverending Story is one of the most magical, lovely examples of why.
April 4, 2016
Perfect definition of an eighties, fantasy flick with unique themes and quirky characters.
March 22, 2016
If you can get past some more hokier bits of acting, The Neverending Story is a near-perfect example of a family fantasy film. Today, we need a whole lot less Shrek, and a whole lot more of this.
March 15, 2016
One of the best family films of all time.
February 21, 2016
My childhood movie that I love ?
½ February 15, 2016
Good film. Likely would have been more meaningful if I'd watched then as well.
February 4, 2016
An exciting adventure that is as imaginative as is exciting, the never ending story will forever remain a classic in the fantasy genre even though it is dated and a bit preechy.
February 2, 2016
My favorite childhood movie. Love it 'till this day as an adult. Perfect fantasy movie. Excellent acting. Nostalgic.
January 12, 2016
The definitive children's movie.
½ January 11, 2016
I hadn't seen this in a looonnng time, too long. It was a favorite growing up and it's awesome that it's still a great movie now and one my kids can also enjoy.
½ December 26, 2015
A magical journey about the power of a young boy's imagination to save a dying fantasy land, The NeverEnding Story remains a much-loved kids adventure
December 26, 2015
A good adventure story.
December 13, 2015
This film is magical and extremely enjoyable. Above all, though, it treats children like they're smart, something that many children's films forget to do.
½ December 7, 2015
A pretty lackluster story that despite its wanderings and cheesiness, is still fun with all its camp.
November 15, 2015
The power of a fantasy story is its ability to transport you to another world that works by different laws from your own - immutable laws - and how characters interact with and inside that world. (SPOILER) Because this fantasy world's characters and its laws are in constant flux due to the magical influence of the boy's imagination, what we have is not a fantasy world but simply a fantasy, not a story but a series of disconnected imaginings inside a boy's head. Consequentially, the plot is almost non-existent and the characters's struggles are meaningless.
Pass this movie.
October 29, 2015
This one still holds up, and the effects (except for 2 or 3 bluescreens) are amazing! Kids today don't know what they are missing, this world looks real. And the music is heaven. Few pacing problems and I wish we got to know some of the characters better, but thats basically it.
October 28, 2015
Excellent! I completely forgot the movie was really fantastic and wonderful! This is my future, dream and destiny...
½ October 21, 2015
One of the most beautiful movies I've ever saw. It"s really catchy, pretty, and magnificent. The fantasy is represented so gracefully and with so much passion that you can't forget the character and want to see them again.