The New Daughters of Joshua Cabe Reviews

• Jun 28, 2013

130130: When this movie started, I felt disappointed. Turns out all the movies on disc one of this series (8 Westerns) are 1970s made for TV films. There is just something about the style in which these movies were done back then. They all have the same feel to them, a feeling I don't like. Daughters, however, is a little less painful than the first two but not quite as good as I Will Fight No More. Daughters features some memorable actors from my younger years; Karen Valentine, Don Stroud, Jack Elam, Paul Koslo, & William Katt. Koslo is a classic bad guy who you just love to hate (Joe Kidd, Rooster Cogburn, Gunsmoke). William Katt starred as the Sundance Kid in one of my favourite, hidden treasure westerns Butch & Sundance: The Early Years. I remember having a crush on Valentine but can't place why she is so familiar to me, perhaps Gunsmoke? And what western fan doesn't enjoy Don Stroud or the googly-eyed Jack Elam? Though not the most action packed or intense film, Daughters satisfies that western itch, mostly because of the memories it conjures up.