The Night Is Short, Walk On Girl Reviews

• Apr 26, 2019

This film is an absolute joy to watch. The plot is complex yet totally easy to follow. The premise is very fun and there is never a dull moment. The cast is all colorful, each with there different personalities that work together to drive the plot forwards in a meaningful way. The animation style would be best described as wild and that in conjunction with the wacky plot makes for an incredibly interesting movie. It can be sweet at times and funny at others, but overall makes for a terrific adventure through an animated Japanese nightlife.

• Mar 17, 2019

I have just recently started exploring anime movies and I have not been let down. This movie is weird and different from anything I have ever watched. It's a 2 star movie if you can't keep up with the pace of this surreal plot but a better one when you begin understanding the meaning hidden in plain sight. The experience is highly subjective but hard hitting nevertheless. The movie cleverly commentates on adolescence, adulthood, philosophy, love, loneliness and other wide subjects in a refreshing manner. Would definitely want to see what the creator has to offer more.

• Mar 01, 2019

What really makes this film such an interesting piece of art is the animation style itself. Indeed, Masaaki Yuasa borrows from his previous work and really unapologetically allows himself to go in all the directions possible.

• Oct 17, 2018

This movie is a treat. If the plot's final destination isn't likely to surprise anyone who's seen a romantic comedy before, the joy is in the trip itself. The movie is vibrant, colorful and energetic, packed with absurd humor and more than a little bit of the surreal. This movie may not necessarily be enjoyable for those who dislike reading subtitles or are hit-and-miss on their enjoyment of animated films, but for those who enjoy both of those things, this movie is a delight, and you should make a point of seeing it at the first opportunity.

• Sep 26, 2018

If you're into a movie with little structure and insignificant subplots, this is the movie for you. It aims to be the story of a girl following her string of fate wherever it may take her, and does it very successfully. It is what it was trying to be, and I can't hate it for that, but I absolutely didn't enjoy a similar story being told 5 times in a row with just mildly different themes.

• Sep 01, 2018

A refreshing and expressive piece of art, strung out into a narrative. This film tackles the concept of love and loneliness in a unique language that will translate to all. Definitely worth the watch.

• Aug 26, 2018

This movie is lovely, I love the bright lively colors and their effects

This movie is lovely, I love the bright lively colors and their effects

• Aug 24, 2018

This was a hilarious surprise. I saw a trailer for it, it looked funny, so i bought a ticket. I was not disappointed. Love stories, bar hopping, party crashing, books, plays, and underwear. And then there's the dancing. Even the people trying to play it cool in the theater were cracking up. Definitely worth seeing if you can catch it, and if you can't buy the Blu Ray, invite some friends and enjoy this.

• Aug 22, 2018

All the fun of a night out without it ending in regret

All the fun of a night out without it ending in regret

• Aug 19, 2018

The style of the animation was very minimal which took some getting used to, although the story glides well on its whimsy and eccentricity.I would have liked some more grounded scenes to allow the audience to get their bearings since the story really does glide whimsically with little to no segues. I know anime is known to make good use of visual metaphors, though there was one particular sequence toward the end that was a bit overwhelming and muddled and in some respects outright random that I could have done without. It also had no impact to what was really happening in the story, so a lot of it really could have been removed without affecting anything. All in all it was a fun time.